We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Menorca Sea Club

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Menorca Sea Club

I am looking for some info on Menorca sea club apartments in Cala'n Forcat. I have heard mention online that some of the buildings have been demolished. First choice are no longer in this hotel since last season. We are due to go in June but are a little worried now.

Has anyone been to stay this year yet?

We are AI. Any recommendations on the food in this hotel?

Appreciate any replies

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Menorca Sea Club

I used to work in a reception in a complex on the island.

The fact that First Choice are no longer in this complex means nothing.

Contracts are done either year by year, or longer. Built into them is a flat rate the holiday company pays, for a set number of appartments/rooms for the summer. The complex does not get paid per booking, they get an overall amount of money, and the holiday company can charge what they want to their guests, so they are in contral of making a profit by using the complex.

In most contracts there is the agreed fee for set rooms/appartments, however, when the owner of the complex is pricing this, they take into account that guests spend money in the place (for example, bar, restraunt etc). Therefore, extra money becomes payable to a complex, if the holiday company do not get enough guests staying. (This is where you get under occupany suplements etc) if the appartment or room you have, does not fill, as a way of them raising the money to cover this.

The building what has been demolished, could well be outside of the holiday companys control (in fact down the the owners of the complex), for example might be not up to the tour operators standarad (so they could not enter into a contract with anyone for the rooms, or problems with local planning law/permissions. There could be plans to rebuild it, perhaps at the end of this season.

I have put a call into 1 of my family, who works close to this complex, and hope to get some answers in next few days, but im sure that this in no way will affect your holiday.

Edited: 25 May 2010, 15:54
Belfast
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Menorca Sea Club

Many thanks for your reply. Hopefully the accomodation in menorca sea club will be fine given your reassurances.

Any more info would be much appreciated.

isle of man
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Menorca Sea Club

Hi Menorcajune,

We too r staying at this complex, but not till August. Like you i now have my reservations but am hoping it will b as nice as the pics look, and reviews say!!

Going by others on the forums, i dont think the area is the best, am not too concerned about this as we are looking to hire a car (just having trouble finding a reasonable priced deal!)

We have opted for an AI 'lite' option, from what i gather this basically means full board with drinks at meal times only. I'm trying to get in touch with the hotel because we would like to see if an upgrade to the bronze silver or gold package is possible.

If you hear any more info would you pass it onto me pls? and likewise! :)

Belfast
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Menorca Sea Club

Hello loulou

We too are half board with AI drinks - I think for us this will be plenty plus we aren't fussy.

We have hired out a car for the week as we didn't want to wait ages for a coach transfer from the airport. We booked through expedia (with avis car rental). It cost £115 for the week for a seat leon size car. We couldn't go for smallest car as we will have baggage and buggy. But I thought that this was a good price compared to booking directly with avis.

Hopefully we'll hear back from someone who has seen the complex and can comment.

P.S What else does the bronze or gold package include?

isle of man
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Menorca Sea Club

Hi Menorcajune, sorry 4 late reply! just to let u know i spoke to seaclub today.I asked them about upgrading to bronze/gold package,which by the way was just to avoid having to pay any extra for any sport activities etc..

Basically it seems to b like a full board basis, but with alcoholic and soft drinks at MEAL TIMES ONLY. there are no other options available. Who did you book through? The lady i spoke to was really helpful and told me that they have a full entertainment programme for this season, she explained that it was usually first choice, but the management had decided to do it privately now.

I'm feeling a lot more positive now, as there seems to be a lot going on in the way of entertainment and activities for families, so, fingers crossed :)

Belfast
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Menorca Sea Club

Hello loulou

Thanks for the reply. Its good to hear that there is entertainment planned for the summer. Did the lady mention anything about building works or the part that was demolished?

Belfast
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Menorca Sea Club

I emailed Menorca sea club to ask about working work.

This is the reply:

"Regarding the building work, we are in the process of making the pizzeria downstairs into a restaurant, so this has involved alot of work but as it is downstairs round the back of the complex, it does not affect the swimming pool & apartments area, all is as it was minus the Pizzeria."

I feel happier about our stay there now. Looking forward to it again. Roll on next week!

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Menorca Sea Club

Just in case anyone was looking forward to the Pizzeria, there is a few more of them in resort, the best one being by the roundabout on the main street.

For a more local place, Oristanos in Ciutedella is good. From Cala Blanes, take the main Ciutedella Road. When you can see the port, turn left and then right at the end of the street You will go past a square (if on bus, get off here), and its about 100 yards away, on a corner.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Menorca Sea Club

We stayed here in August 2008 and have recommended it to many, it is ideal for a young family and would be ideal for a first family holiday abroad. We have also stayed at the Binimar apartments not far from the Menorca Sea Club and really like Cala n Forcat as it has everything you need without the worry of the drunken yobs you dont want your kids to see. We hired a car and as Menorca is a small island we visited most of it. We have visited other countries as a family and would return to Menorca without hesitation. We stayed at the Sea Club self catering and spent a fortune!!! We are going all inclusive this year as it has worked out alot cheaper. There is one downside to Cala n Forcat and that is the beach, its a little cove that is beautiful but not easy to access and not big enough. There are plenty of fabulous beaches in Menorca so hire a car and visit one of others.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Menorca Sea Club

Just to follow this up.

Cala Forcat beach, is steps to get to it, but 1.30 metre each, and not very step. If you follow the rock area round, you do come so a 2nd small sand area, and that does not get that busy.

Cala Picas is the nearest beach to the complex, on the main road pass Top Market, and you will see skips in the road, the path to the right, goes to that beach.

Cala Blanes beach is best, and while the Hotel Cala Blanes was closed then, 2 other complexs are now closed so that beach is not as busy.