We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minorca Sailing

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Minorca Sailing

Has anyone been to Minorca Sailing with young children? If so your views would be most appreciated vs Sunsail vs Nielson. Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Minorca Sailing

We've been to Minorca sailing twice and I can't recommend it highly enough. The quality of their boats and tuition is superb, their professionalism is impressive and both occasions have been a huge success. Worth every penny. We have children aged 15,13,11 & 9 and they all thoroughly enjoyed it.

I can't understand why trip advisor don't list them as everyone I know thinks it is great and each time the majority of guests have been repeat business, which speaks volumes. If you're travelling with kids, go for the mistal villas or perello apartments as they love the sociability of the communal pools.

Brighton
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minorca Sailing

Many thanks for your useful feedback. Just one more question please, is cost of eating a significant extra to the hols or are meals reasonably priced locally! Thanks again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Minorca Sailing

there's a good pizzeria/grill in the village which is informal and there are loads of restaurants in Fornells - about 15 mins walk. Fornells also has a couple of supermarkets where you can buy fish, meat and veg - so we tended to eat out alternate evenings and have breakfast and a light lunch at home. there is a little village shop which has croissants and fresh bread in the mornings as well as fruit.

Brighton
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minorca Sailing

Many thanks now just hoping to negotiate school holiday prices down. Wish me Luck!

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Minorca Sailing

This is arguably the best sailing school in the Med, if not Europe. Children are very well catered for with different kids clubs depending on ages, including creche, they'l even get the under 5's sailing. and all included so no worries there.

However the prices they charge reflect this and it should be said that this is the type of holiday that's only worth the cost if you and your family plan to sail ALL DAY AND EVERY DAY. If you do then you won't find better IMO, and the cost of eating out at night won't be too much of a shock.

Although there's no lunch option you will find that they put on a free BBQ once a week, and in some of the restaurants in Fornells (I'm thinking Sa Nansa here) you can get a good meal for less than 6 EUR - tho you can pay much more of course. The bar and grill mentioned before is Marga's - the only place to eat in Ses Salinas, where Menorca Sailing is based, without walking to Fornells village about 15 mins away.

If you only want a taste of sailing then this place is not for you, I'd advise using "WindFornells" a little further towards the village, where you can hire by the day or half day.

windfornells.com/ENG/escapadas/escapadas.html

If you want a full on sailing holiday however, you won't find better IMO

Footnote: You ask about school holiday pricing - I doubt you'll have much luck since the propietors of the establishment know they're dealing with people with some spare cash and therefore price peak time from when the public schools break up and not the comprehensives (ie a week before). Some might see this as a reflection of the type of clientelle (and instructors) that the place caters for - Not me though - really!

JtheD

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Minorca Sailing

how can we get minorca sailing with a proper entry on trip advisor ? I think it is a travesty that we can't post a proper review - the place is brilliant and deserves all the support we can give it.

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Minorca Sailing

Add a review on either the Minorca forum or the sub-Fornells forum. The DE's (myself included) will ensure it gets it's own listing under hotels etc. by contacting TA direct.

JtheD

8. Re: Minorca Sailing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 05:16