We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Taxi to Cala Blanca?

Newcastle Upon...
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Taxi to Cala Blanca?

Hi,

I have just booked a late deal to Cala Blanca with my husband and 10mth old son for the 1st week of summer hols. I have no transfers so am trying to book a taxi, we will be arriving at 8pm so just want to get there with the little man! Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from outside the airport or a cheaper pre booker? As the lowest I have found is £74 one way.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Taxi to Cala Blanca?

That is about the going rate for a taxi, but there might be a cheaper option.

I need to know what complex/hotel/villa your going to, as they are restrictions on budget transfers.

Any complex or hotel (not villas) what has UK Tour Operator bookings even if your booking is not with them, is ok.

If your place is excluded by budget transfer, I might be able to advise on the nearest place that is.

For 2 adults and 1 infant, for a budget coach transfer, your looking at about £50 return, with www.taxitransfer.co.uk

Note a taxi will be about 1 hour, budget transfer 1-2 hours (will be 1 hour unless routed via Cala Forcat area, as it takes you 30 min out of the way plus drop of time). Normally from Cala Blanca, you will be picked up 4 or 5 hours before your flight back, confirmed the day before by you phoning a local office.

Mark

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,014 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Taxi to Cala Blanca?

Not sure about 1 hour for a cab going straight to Cala Blanca - I would have said more like 45 mins max but Raff may come in here with up to date timings because now that the ring road outside Cuitadella is in operation getting to resorts on the SouthWest coadst is quicker than it was.

There are taxis at the airport all the time especially as spaniards coming in on Iberia and other flights are unlikely to be on packages so I wouldn't worry - there should be taxis a plenty especially as 8pm is nowhere near the end of the working day for them. As you have probably realised, shuttle buses may go all around the houses rather than direct and a taxi straight to your accomodation when you have a tired little boy in tow would be much easier.

Cala Blanca is at the opposite side of the island to the airport so will not be as cheap as say Es Castell( tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g673869-i12789-k36… ) or Son Bou but the price quoted for Cala N'Bosch on tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187464-i494-k3571… should give you a rough idea. You could get a bus to Cuitadella and a taxi from there but with a baby and luggage I would go for the taxi!

Edited: 30 June 2010, 17:07
milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Taxi to Cala Blanca?

Just to add to MenorcaRegular's post, the normal is 45 min to Ciutedella, now the main island road does not go into every town/village on route. It used to take 60 min before that.

The new ring road only goes towards Cala Blanes/Forcat (to the right as you come in), missing the town and joining the Ciutedella - Cala Blanes road by the petrol station. (This is now why transfers with people for Bosh/Blanca and Blanes/Forcat are now routed this way, as it reduces the overall time to get everyone to their hotel/complex).

To get to Cala Blanes/Bosh, you still use the same old roads, passing a School, a couple of industrial areas and hypermarkets, what takes about 15 min from the main island road near Ciutedella.

Edited: 30 June 2010, 17:21
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Taxi to Cala Blanca?

I would have said the Taxi fair in the region of 60 Euros ( £74 no doubt some duffer online service that has never set foot on the island )

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Taxi to Cala Blanca?

Last years rank price to Cala Bosh, 3 or 4 mile up the road, was 85 euro ish.

The quote the person has for 75 euro, is about the best I think you can get.

The cheap option, budget transfer on www.taxitransfer.co.uk or shuttle menorca, takes up to 1 hour longer each way, for £50 return.

Edited: 30 June 2010, 18:08
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Taxi to Cala Blanca?

Taxitransfer co uk and other web middlemen-But who LOCALLY provides the actual service and can the linkage be trusted i.e they will deliver on the service?

Edited: 30 June 2010, 20:01
milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Taxi to Cala Blanca?

Taxitransfer.co.uk provide the service themselves. I have used them several times without problems.

Shuttle Menorca is a local company, bassed on the island and who again provide the service themselves.

8. Re: Airport Taxi to Cala Blanca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 July 2010, 00:19
Newcastle Upon...
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Taxi to Cala Blanca?

Thanks for all that! We are staying at the Cala Blanca Hotel if that makes a difference?

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Taxi to Cala Blanca?

The Hotel Cala Blanca deals with UK Tour Operators, so you can get a budget transfer.

Your looking at about £50 return (for 2 adults and 1 infant), better then 75 euro each way.

I would ignore the comments by menorcaislandboy about people being the middle man. If he had first hand experiance of both www.taxitransfer.co.uk (who i have used several times) and shuttle menorca who have had good reviews on this site. He would know they provide the service themselves.

Taxitransfer.co.uk have a desk at Mahon airport, on the right as you come out, and shuttle menorca have marked coachs.

What it comes own to, is do you want to save £70, by adding on up to 1 hour longer to the transfer, and being collected 4 or 5 hours before flight back.

Edited: 01 July 2010, 14:24
Get answers to your questions about Menorca