We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arriving late- basic groceries??

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
arriving late- basic groceries??

Hi, I just thought of this. Heading today from Bristol and will be arriving in about 9 to Mahon airport. Where would be open that late to pick up water/ milk even? We are staying in the Grupotel Aldea Calan'bosch and will be taking the only road there I guess.Thanks for any help.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: arriving late- basic groceries??

By car it will take you about 1 hour, by transfer coach up to 2 hours.

Either way, I do not think you will make it, as most shops are closed 930/10pm.

If you are coming by Car, there is a hypermarket on the insustrial estate as you come out of the airport. Im sure someone will post exact directons. The main Mahon-Ciutedella road now do not pass all villages/towns on route now, so that is your best bet.

If not, you can get small bottle water at the airport cafe, or when you get to Cala Bosh, there will be some bars open by the Marina.

If your worried about a cup of tea in the morning, again bars in in Marina used to open from 6am, perhaps someone can update this.

If you have a car, as you go from Cala Bosh to Ciutedella, as you come in to town by the small beach, turn right and the hypermarkets are on the left, cheaper then resort supermarket. Discount is the one my family who live in town use, but can not comment on prices compairs to others as I have not been in them recenlty.

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: arriving late- basic groceries??

Just to add - By car, after leaving airport you will drive round the bypass of Alaior, then through Mercadal. Just after Mercadal is a petrol station that has a few basics - Milk, Water, sandwiches etc. that should keep you going til the next morning when you can get to one of the supermarkets.

JtheD

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: arriving late- basic groceries??

Thanks 11 by the time we got there as we were half board ,hotel offered us cold salad/fruit plate which was welcome. Got water as suggested in airport. Weather super. All going well.

4. Re: arriving late- basic groceries??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Menorca
Recent Conversations