We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nationwide Flex Card

stana1966
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nationwide Flex Card

I seem to ask this question every year but does anyone know when using the Nationwide Flex card which option to be billed in. I am sure the best option is Euros as you get the daily rate. Could anyone confirm this and also are most of the cash machines still in operation in Calan Forcat.

Cheers,

Stana.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,410 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nationwide Flex Card

Can't answer about the question re cash machines but see Raffs advise @ tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g673869-i12789-k36…

UK
Level Contributor
173 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nationwide Flex Card

Agree about EUROS and if the bill comes already converted, ask them to redo it.

stana1966
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nationwide Flex Card

Thanks for the quick replies.

Yes, I am sure when the option comes up to be billed in pounds or euros the option to get the best rate is in euros. The Nationwide is one of the very few to not charge so we simply load the account with our budget for the holiday and withdraw when required. Another bonus with the card is whatever the daily rate is in the resort the Nationwide is always an extra couple of cents to the pound.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nationwide Flex Card

Yes, the Cash Machines are still working in resort, same locations.

The question about to pay in local money or pounds came up recently on a BBC Local Radio phone in, and the advise a travel agent gave, was to always pay in local funds.

The reason for it it, is if its Pounds then the amount you pay will include the retailers bank fees for converting it before crediting their account.

Paying in local funds, removes any fees at the retailers bank, but you are then subject to your card issuers rate when its converted, however in this posters situation, its still better as his card issuer does not change anything outside the exchange rate.

5. Re: Nationwide Flex Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2011, 06:17