We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best restaurants in cala n forcat/cala n bosh talayot apts!

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kent,england
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
best restaurants in cala n forcat/cala n bosh talayot apts!

Hi we're staying at the Talayot in September with our four children aged 3, 9, 10 & 13, I requested a ground floor room in T block????, can any one recommend some good local restaurants?, I get a bit fed up of burgers and every thing with chips type food that you often get when on holiday. And which is the best beach to head for with the children?. Thanks for any advice, we are really looking foward to our long awaited holiday!!!!!.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best restaurants in cala n forcat/cala n bosh talayot apts!

Talayot is in Cala Blanes, what joins Los Delfines and Cala Forcat, Not Cala Bosh.

Cala Bosh is reachable by direct bus, but in September its only about 9am, and return at 6pm ish. Exact times will be on the bus stop. Outside them times, is travel via Ciutedella, with a wait upto 45 min (but there is bars, and a park for the kids next to the bus station). Fare is about 3 euro, per perso, each way, over 5.

The restrants in this post, are not the best for resort, but are at least average for the island, or better. This is has they offer things that do not come with mainly chips.

Gril Las Brasas (see website, www.grilllasbrasas.com/en/index.htm)

Maxis, Cala Forcat in one way system

Restraunt Blanco (near round about in Cala Forcat

Biniamar (none residents can pay to use the 3 course buffet, and it normally has none chips options, like pasta, rice etc.

There is a Pizza place, as well as a good Chinease near the roudabout (to the right walking from your complex).

Note the food is good at Talayot, I have been going in for 15 years when on the island, but it is mainly with chips.

If you do go to Cala Bosh, Las Tapas by the marina is one of the better places for lunch, ranging from Tapas, Sandwich or main meals.

The entertainment at the complex is generally sutied to your childrens ages, except the 3 year old, but for things like shooting and archary, they require an adult with them. If its football in the nearby park, they are ok on own, but they do expect an adult to be at their appartment, or near the pool in case they are needed.

They have a supermarket, what is not as cheap as the town, but prices are about the same others in resort. Local bread, chease, ham etc is good value, as alternatives to burgers.

You might want to check out Larenzos at night, as he has free playstations etc, they can use, with other video games etc in the bar as well. There is bars with bouncy castles etc as well.

All bars are family friendly, but I would not be in Jimmy Hills 2, or Blue Breaze after midnight as its more night club, disco type music, till at least 4am.

If you want a hire car, and its outside school holidays, you will find offers on in resort, so unless you find a very good deal before, I would leave it till then, and go in the places with most cars outside!!!

I dont know where T block is, but as long as its not by reception you will be ok. The best places is by the Snack bar, as the pool is better, and its closed at 6pm, so no noise

2. Re: best restaurants in cala n forcat/cala n bosh talayot apts!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2011, 06:18