We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiestas?

Southampton
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fiestas?

Myself and my family are staying in Menorca from 21st Aug - 1st September in Cala N Bosch. We would like to see a Spanish fiesta. Does anyone which fiestas are on during these dates and where?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiestas?

During summer there is a "jaleo" (typical Menorcan fiesta) almost every weekend, so sure you can catch one. Just ask at your hotel or local tourist office about where and when. No idea what you may have in mind by " Spanish fiesta" but sure this will be different... and just yet another proof of how diverse is this country ;-)

www.emenorca.org/home_en.jsp?file=7&idi=en

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiestas?

There's 3 on while you're there: Sant Climent 21 - 23 Aug, Ferrerias 22 - 24 Aug, and Sant Lluis 27 - 29 Aug.

I'd say Ferrerias would be your best bet as it's a good size town and nearest to where you're staying. The day to go would be Monday 23. The main calvalcade sets out at 5pm with the Jaleo following shortly after.

If you fancy a return visit then go back on Wednesday 25 Aug at night for the live music at 10.30pm and fireworks at midnight.

JtheD

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiestas?

Just remember they are not put on for the tourists but for the people and if you dont like their health & safety ( none when horses around ) be understanding :-)

4. Re: Fiestas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 06:17