We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eateries

Manchester
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Eateries

Hi

I am travelling to Menorca in September and staying in Cala n Forcat. We will be hiring a car so can anybody recommend some good beaches preferably fairly quiet. We visited a few years ago and went to Arenal de son Saura which was perfect and will be visiting there again!

Also can anybody recommend any authentic good quality spanish and fresh fish restaurants? As we are hiring a car we are prepared to travel!

Cheers

Alex

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
522 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eateries

We enjoyed a wonderful meal at Pa amb Oli just off the main square. It is Spanish owned and has a wonderful atmosphere and lots of Spanish families eat there, which is always a good sign. I had the lamb and my husband had the mixed grill. The portions are mega. It was a good job we didnt bother with starters. Another of our favourites, as we love fresh fish, is Cafe Balear (check out their web page). Again, lots of Spanish families eat there and it nearly always has a queue, but the queue moves quite quickly and it is definitely worth the wait. You can reserve a table inside, but have to wait for tables outside, but well worth it. Cafe Balear is at the far end of the harbour, just over the bridge.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eateries

cafe Balear - just 'past' the bridge. So if you come down the pedestrian steps from town side to the harbour turn right not left - then is 50 M on the right -might need to reserve _ went past there 20 min 1 hour efore opening, cmae back every table taken and 20 people in a queue -now that's a recommendation.

Beaches Playa Algariens 5 euro car entry but is stunning 3 beaches to visit . Signposted from first ME-1 Ciutadella roundabout

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eateries

Beachs,

You have 3 in resort, but they are only average at best.

Cala Bosh is nice, about a 20-25 min drive away, but if you do not have a hire car for every day, you can also get to it by Bus.

Places to eat, in resort, Im sure others will post for places outside resort.

Sa Cova (on Cala Blanes Beach, by the sea)

Maxis

Gril Las Brasas

Talyot (its open to none residents)

Binimar (its the all inclusive buffet, for none residents its about 15 euro for an adult, loads of choice, 3 course with wine.

4. Re: Eateries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2011, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Menorca