We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TravelMenorca-has anyone booked with this company?

Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
TravelMenorca-has anyone booked with this company?

I found this company via the internet.Has anyone ever booked a villa through them?

I have found this villa..(yes,I am still looking!!)

www.travelmenorca.co.uk/villas/vf009.htm

avaliable end of Aug 2011. I am still dubious though about booking without the security of ABTA and ATOL. Should I just go for it???

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TravelMenorca-has anyone booked with this company?

In terms of protection, I would not book it.

If no ABTA or ATOL, as its not till next year, even by paying by credit card, you will be out of time for any protection that way.

I belive 1 of the DE's, Raff works in this area, maybe send her a private message telling her what your looking for, as well as ABTA or ATOL.

If it was me, I would not be wanting to put anything more then a small holding deposit on anything for next year, you never know who will go under next.

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
523 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TravelMenorca-has anyone booked with this company?

I used TravelMenorca in Sept 2009 when we booked an apartment overlooking the harbour in Cuitadella. We paid a non refundable deposit when booking and then paid the balance in full a few weeks before we travelled. I found them a little expensive but could not fault the apartment. The furnishings etc. were first class. I would recommend them and would use them again myself.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TravelMenorca-has anyone booked with this company?

Some clarification is required here: Having booked much private accommodation myself in the past

The villas that Travelmenorca offer would most likely will be privately owned , not owned by a company that could fail-so in that sense provided that the agreement between you and the villa owner is clear this is a lot more solid than any hotel/commercial let IMHO. The Owner's 'business' does not fail. Worst that can happen is double booking/sells property-so you need to ensure that booking conditions covers this. What is important is who is the 'Principle' of the rental contract -it should be owner

Also booking conditions will/should clearly state cancellation policies

ABTA is about where a company takes money from you to arrange several elements of a holiday eg flight and accommodation. Anyone offering a single item like accom does not need to provide ABTA and if you suppy accom that is probably not the 'weak link'

ABTA has IMHO little value as there is unlikley to be a failure in the delivery of the accommodation-this biggest risk is going to be your transport eg plane. For which you can take out standard travel insurance.

Travelmenorca is simply an letting agent probably

Edited: 31 August 2010, 22:02
Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TravelMenorca-has anyone booked with this company?

As far as I know if you book your flights with a vis card you can claim off the card company,or if the airline is atol bonded you are covered.Obviously I have travel insurance so thats ok.. I know a few people that have booked direct with the owner and had no issues. thanks for clarifying-i will check their terms and conditions.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: TravelMenorca-has anyone booked with this company?

There is set times you can claim back if paid via credit card,and this thread is about a booking for next year. Any money paid this early, would be out of time with protection credit card companys offer.

It is not the same with all cards, but normally your only covered about 60-90 days if a company fails.

Edited: 31 August 2010, 22:46
Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TravelMenorca-has anyone booked with this company?

Thanks for your advice. I am taking it on board

7. Re: TravelMenorca-has anyone booked with this company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 06:19