We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trebaluger

Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Trebaluger

Hi

We are going to be staying in a villa in Trebaluger in June . We will be hiring a car so we can explore the Island a little and wondered where the nearest and best beaches are and if they are good for snorkelling all the better . Many thanks

Jorji

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trebaluger

All the island beaches are good for snorkelling as the water quality around Menorca is so good,but if you are looking for something a bit special ie lots of fish amongst rocks then closet to Trebaluger I would recommend

S'Alcaufar , Cala en Porter, Binibequer all of which have rocky fringes in bays full of fish. If you want something very special go down to Cales Coves and snorkel in the three bays there-I was there a couple of weeks ago-Magic!

Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trebaluger

Thank you, I have been to Cala en Porter quite a few years ago. Cales Coves sounds great! I think we will have to try snorkling there

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trebaluger

I have seen both holiday makers and locals snorkling in Cala Forcat. Not on the beach part, you need to follow the path round to the far end, past the 2nd sand area.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trebaluger

Jorji, "magicbeer" hopefuly means Calas Coves not Cala forcat as written.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trebaluger

As your accomodation is on the eastern side of the island I definately wouldn't bother treking all the way across to to the West in order to go to Cala N'Forcat to snorkle - I am not saying that there aren't any opportunities to do this there, only that there are prettier and closer areas to where you are staying so why travel that far.

Another idea in addition to MenorcaIslandboys suggestions as you have a car is to head north and explore the remoter beaches up there like Cala Pregonda ( the added bonus being that you can stop off in Fornells for lunch on the way)

Edited: 06 April 2011, 19:03
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trebaluger

Thanks Guys, I will look into all suggestions and let you know how it goes!

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trebaluger

Magic's was just a Freudien slip I think-just letting later readers know. ( he IS in my mind describing Cales Covas .ie go on path, on RHS past the boat house around to the second 'beach' and snorkel there )

Edited: 07 April 2011, 08:41
8. Re: Trebaluger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 06:19