We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkelling in and around Hotasa Sea Club, Cala Forcat.

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
snorkelling in and around Hotasa Sea Club, Cala Forcat.

Booked a week at Hotasa from the 7th July and have heard that the beaches are quite limited around that area. This is the first time to Minorca and am interested in what the snorkelling opportunities are around here as I am a very keen snorkeller and would also like to get my two daughters involved this year. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Fin

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkelling in and around Hotasa Sea Club, Cala Forcat.

Not sure where you get the limited beachs from, as this is the only area on the island I am aware of, with 3 sand beachs under 15 min walk away, and 2 other places where you can access the sea for swimming.

The best for snorkelling is Cala Forcat, what is about a 10 min from your complex. If you follow the rocks round from the 1st sand area, you will find the better places as you get a bit further out of the cove.

Cala Picas beach is also a small cove, but I have not seen any snorkelling in that area. This is closer to 5 min from your complex.

Both Forcat and Picas do not have any bars or toilets on them, but a short walk away near the access paths there is.

Cala Blanes is the best beach in the resort, about a 15 min walk way. Choice of 2 bars and better for people with children as you need to get about 1000 yards out, before the water gets very deap.

You can also get into the sea from Maxis bar on the lower level, and at Cala Brut but its more locals who use this area.

Cala Bosh has the best beach that side of the island, and you can get a direct bus to it. In July last year, the times was 9am and noon to get to it, with a bus back at 1230 or 530pm (only from the beach bus stop close to the Hotel Cala Bosh). Outside them times, you can travel via Ciutedella what might involve a wait up to 45 min. Cost is 4 Euro per person over 5 each way.

Edited: 23 April 2011, 06:57
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,504 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkelling in and around Hotasa Sea Club, Cala Forcat.

Hi Finburns

I am not going to argue with Magicbeer08 about the beaches around Forcat as it is an acknowledged fact that the largest and best beaches on the island are not in the Forcat area ( while you are on the island try and get down to Cala Galdana for example where a beautiful horseshoe shaped beach is the focal point of the resort and there are several smaller ones accessible within a pleasant wander along the coastal paths) but as he says you do have a selection of smaller ones that you can get to from your resort.

Snorkling for youngsters is possible from pretty much anywhere on the island as the waters are very clear. Lots of people go scuba diving here and I know that the husband of one of our regulars Midge-ntl is a keen scuba diver so hopefully she will post up soon giving his recomendations on places to go because obviously unless you have a car travelling too far with all your snorkling stuff will not be to much fun in the heat. If you DO have a hire car then consider going up to the isolated beaches on the North - stunning scenery and very few places with rows of sunbeds see http://www.menorca-tourism.net/beaches.htm!

Edited: 23 April 2011, 08:23
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,504 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkelling in and around Hotasa Sea Club, Cala Forcat.

Sorry, I have just noticed that I gave a link which only covers the South /SouthWest area beaches - if you are interested I or one of the others can post up info on the Northern ones i.d.c.

Men Reg

high wycombe
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: snorkelling in and around Hotasa Sea Club, Cala Forcat.

We've been to Menorca many times when our children were little. We are going back this August after a break of ten years or so, and having done most of the beaches in the south would be interested on any info or links you may have on northern beaches,

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: snorkelling in and around Hotasa Sea Club, Cala Forcat.

try this for all things about menorca and beaches

www.mymenorca.info/menorca-beaches/index.php

jenny x

6. Re: snorkelling in and around Hotasa Sea Club, Cala Forcat.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 19:16