We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi transfer to Son Parc

stockport
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi transfer to Son Parc

Staying at the Ses Anfores appartments,Son Parc at the end of July and having researched several airport transfer companies all seem to be quoting approximately £100 return from the Airport to Son Parc for a private transfer.I have also rang the Airport Taxi people and got a quote of 30 euros one way for the same.Can anyone help confirm a price and why it is cheaper from the taxi rank.Thanks

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi transfer to Son Parc

"Can anyone help confirm a price and why it is cheaper from the taxi rank"

JTD may have a better estimate,but 30-35 seems about right for Airport Son Parc

Why is it cheaper?,well clearly these web based services are (agents for ) non taxi firms with different charges and need to make a margin on top of costs. The return journey might have a different price as Taxi CANNOT pickup a fare at the airport(only taxis registered to Mahon area can pick up )

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi transfer to Son Parc

Agreed. Fornells was 36 EUR (40 with a tip) last year so 30 to son parc seems about right, 35 max. As stated by MiB no point in paying a middle man commision. Taxis plentiful outside arrivals, no need to book.

JtheD

stockport
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi transfer to Son Parc

Thanks guys.one other query.nothiring a car as too expensive and it says the ses anfores appartments are walking distance to more than one beach.can you confirm and whether I'm right in thinking we could use local taxi and bus to go slightly further a field.we were thinking of the los delphine waterpark se one day out

stockport
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi transfer to Son Parc

Thanks guys.one other query.nothiring a car as too expensive and it says the ses anfores appartments are walking distance to more than one beach.can you confirm and whether I'm right in thinking we could use local taxi and bus to go slightly further a field.we were thinking of the los delphine waterpark se one day out

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi transfer to Son Parc

Yes you can, but it's a bit of a "faff" Ideal route would be to Mercadal, change bus, Cuitaadella, chnge again, Forcat. Bus schedule might let you down on this tho.

Alternative - backtrack to Mahon, express bus to Cuitadella, cahnge bus to Forcat

But bear in mind the waterparks on the island are very basic - the one in Cala'n bosch is similar (and maybe a better place to go for a day out???)

There are alternatives nearer - Son Bou has a couple of high slides and a maze etc. around the San Jaime area, (good free pool here too if you're eating /drinking) Galdana has a couple of very basic slides as you enter the resort, or if you do fancy going west theres a few restos in the cala'n blanca area that have pools and slides for diners.............

If you're staying in son parc then Son Bou might be the better option for a day out..............

JtheD

Edited: 16 July 2011, 23:54
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi transfer to Son Parc

Agree completely with the above.(without hire car west coast waterparks not 'worth' the effort )

re the beaches. Look on google map. The beaches are the 2/3 small virigin beaches across the headland to the west and you could also walk along the coast to Arenal den Castell

stockport
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi transfer to Son Parc

Please can you clarify "virgin beach" for me.Up until now I assumed it meant unspoilt or without a lot of tourist facilities but can it also mean nudist beach.Is it just that these out of the way beaches are isolated and therefore attract nudists?.Are there signs warning us as I don`t want my 11 and 14 year old stumbling onto one.Is Cala Macarella one of the beaches you mention in the previous post and is it a nudist beach as it looks beautiful.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi transfer to Son Parc

Ha. Well any beach can have Nudists(its not against the law ) and believe it or not they dont go to be looked at either :-) there are no sign, no areas

The beach are Son Parc would be classed as a virgin Beach

Cala Macralle is on the south coast you are on the north coast. take a look on google maps and you will see the coves nearby with the little virgin beaches-may or maynot be nudists there-you will have to scout ahead

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,402 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi transfer to Son Parc

Stuart44,

Re " Please can you clarify "virgin beach" for me " - the standard interpretation that you have quoted is correct. HOWEVER you should be aware that there are a lot of naturists floating about ( excuse the pun) on the island and these are not just to be found the remote and unspoilt beaches but also on some of the larger resort beaches as well (this is often noticible in areas at the far end of longer resort beaches like Son Bou).

Assuming your children are OK with topless bathers ( you are never going to avoid these especially as some people do this around hotel pools as well) perhaps if you are worried about them seeing more than you want them to you should ask around in the resort before going out strolling along dunes etc.. Being honest kids don't seem to care much - in my experience ( and no I don't do skinny dipping myself) it is the adults who get embarrassed not their children.

Edited: 18 July 2011, 17:54
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi transfer to Son Parc

Cala Pudent I think is the name of the bigger one there

Get answers to your questions about Menorca