We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala n'Bosch vs Cala Galdana

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
119 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Cala n'Bosch vs Cala Galdana

Hi, I'm planning to visit Minorca for my 30th birthday in June, and am torn between the Hotel Valentin Star in Cala'n Bosch and the Audax Spa and Wellness Hotel in Cala Galdana.

My partner and I will be 30 and 35 when we go and enjoy relaxing or going on a day trip or walk in the day, and at night enjoy a walk and a few drinks in bars outside the hotel after we've eaten at our hotel.

Which resort out of Cala'n Bosch and Cala Galdana would any Minorca regulars say has the most places to go and visit in the day, most choice of places to drink at in the evening, and the most reasonable drinks prices? I've heard Minorca is quite expensive for drinking in bars, but if one of the two resorts will let our Euros go further it would help.

The marina at Cala n'Bosch looks lovely lit up at night and Ciutadella sounds fun for in the evening, but all the cliffs and coves around Cala Galdana look beautiful...help!

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala n'Bosch vs Cala Galdana

Personally your criteria are not so great deciding factors between the two as the two resorts are IMO quite different. So how did you get to the two as a shortlist? This I suspect will be the root to the answer to your own decision?

The attractions are different. Galdana is more upmarket. CB much more developed. Marina is it's redeeming feature from an otherwise for Menorccas' high standards 'poor location'

Edited: 27 February 2012, 08:10
manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala n'Bosch vs Cala Galdana

hi helen we stayed in the valentin star hotel last september it is fantastic, really classey, go as far as to say one of the best hotels we have stayed in, i will say though the drinks are a bit pricey, but we had one drink before our evening meal than went out to local bars. if you like the look of the marina get a second floor room overlooking it we did and loved it. we emailed the hotel before and got what we wanted. if you would like to know more please ask.

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala n'Bosch vs Cala Galdana

ps sorry ,the cost of say a voka and coke and a pint in resort 7 to 8 euros.

4. Re: Cala n'Bosch vs Cala Galdana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 21:16