We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suprised

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
suprised

hi all ime am very suprised i can not get an answer to the question taxi,s , the costs and fares. i know the answer to the cost from airport to calan bosch, but no one seems to know the answer to, like cuitadella to calan bosch, or calan bosch to other areas. it seems odd. i am on the majorca forum and can tell you the approx cost for most of the island from airport to resort and resort to resort and update, as a member of my familly lives there permanently in manacor.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,063 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suprised

Sorry you've not had much help. We caught the bus from Cala n Forcat to Cuitadella to Cala n Bosch last year and then returned the same way. Hope someone is able to help you out with info about taxi prices.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,443 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suprised

I do not know which is why I have not answered.Have you tried using the form search engine?

If you check out the distance with http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=3476140491835266122,39.939126,3.962932&saddr=aeropuerto+de+menorca&daddr=Destination+%4039.939126,3.962932&sll=39.92694,4.08959&sspn=0.237479,0.63858&ie=UTF8&ll=39.926062,4.09584&spn=0.237482,0.63858&z=11 it comes out at about 12.5 km so as a very rough guide the fare will probably be similar to the fare from the airport to to Punta Prima.

I am sure someone will answer you soon - I will bump up your original question in the hope that someone who has done the trip can answer

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suprised

hey thanks mate, in return ile post for you the best air fares from man airport and the other airports when i can get the updates, at mo menorca rates look good compaired with other spanish desinations . charters are going to sell excess seats to travellers that are not on package deals to ensure flights are full.

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suprised

am i wright in believing what i have just read 35 euros taxi fare from cuitadella to calan bosch we went to cuitadella last year by bus 1 euro 80 cents, if its 35 euros as jon-the- dog just said by taxi no wonder people think menorca is dear and put tham off,.

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suprised

thanks hever, can i ask wots cala.n forcat like , snap we were hoping to visit this year where should we get of the bus from cuitadadella

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,063 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suprised

You're welcome for the little info I have.

We first went to Cala n Forcat a few years ago and really enjoyed it which made us want to return (which we did do last Sept).

Have to say that we didn't think much of it.A lot of the pubs/restaurants had closed down due to it being so quiet and also because of AI hotels taking a lot of the business.

What time of the year are you visiting as that will make a difference to the amount of people around?

When we got the bus from Cuitadella, we got off once we had hit the "strip" and the main road there. It's not a massive resort so you shouldn't have much trouble finding your way around.

I have to say too, that we went to visit friends who were staying in Cala n Bosch and as a first time visitor to that resort, thought it was much nicer than CnF.

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: suprised

thanks hever. it was are first time to menorca last year calan bosch we really enjoyed it so much we are going back this september but would like a day at calan forcat,

8. Re: suprised

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2012, 14:24
manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: suprised

thanks fosters for a true reply, thats all ime asking is that to mutch,thanks again mate.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,063 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: suprised

mancsteve, it's not that long on the bus from CnB to CnF (including the change at Cuitadella) so hope you enjoy your visit there :)