We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent Meal at Cobblers Restuarant

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Topic
Excellent Meal at Cobblers Restuarant

very good food / hospitality at Cobblers restaurant ( Alaior ) tonight - 3 courses set menu 19 euro with canapes- how I can type i dont know ! ;-)

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellent Meal at Cobblers Restuarant

Interesting - have been tempted in the past but put off by the "British ex-pat" scene I've heard. Don't prefer to mix with little Britain while abroad so how was the vibe? Roquetta readers or locals? (admit some might be the same)

Usually don't venture out of Fornells but going "off season" this year it might be a good night out

JtheD

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellent Meal at Cobblers Restuarant

I know what you mean with some of the roqueta/ ex pat gangs. It is a varied crowd

Sometimes you cannot avoid them at a good restaurant but there is space at Cobbblers enough to get away from them , plus the owners know how to treat people well.

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellent Meal at Cobblers Restuarant

what did you have mib, bet nice ???

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellent Meal at Cobblers Restuarant

advice please where to dine in fornells, planing a trip out here in september are the prices dear in the restaurants.???

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellent Meal at Cobblers Restuarant

My favourite , years ago was Es Port. Food can be pricey if you order the famous Caldereta de Langosta. It quality food though so you can expect a premium. Fornells is not exclusively for the afluent though, there are Spanish cafeterias too. Its a stunning place, I love driving in alonside the bay. Just stunning.

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellent Meal at Cobblers Restuarant

NCLtrotters thanks for reply, i have had caldereta de langosta in palma, but the home for dish is menorca, but i am at a disadvantage my partner believe or not does not like seafood and you uaually only order for two, so have only had it with friends, where else on the island can you recormend for a nice meal, ime staying in calan bosch this september. Es Port is on our list thanks again.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,226 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellent Meal at Cobblers Restuarant

There is a specific Top Question on the Fornells forum page with info about places to eat in that area. Places do not change much from year to year so do not discount a thread just because it isn't that new

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellent Meal at Cobblers Restuarant

Cobblers was the pre-season fri/sat evening Menu with five choices for each course. Choice was varied and interesting eg meats/fish/vegetable

They offer modern mediterranean ( no menorcan )

I had warm goats cheese salad,

Chicken pancetta with side vegetables

Homemade chocolate tart with orange ( superb! though bad on the hips )

All local produce.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,226 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellent Meal at Cobblers Restuarant

" Homemade chocolate tart with orange ( superb! though bad on the hips ) " MIB you are meant to eat it not dress up in it!.

The menu sounds excellent. If this was a pre season menu I take it that others should not expect identical value in the summer! How much were drinks out of interest?

10. Re: Excellent Meal at Cobblers Restuarant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2013, 09:20