We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment question

D L
UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment question

Hello guys.

Quick question. Just got an email from people we rented our apartment from in Plays de Fornells accusing us of leaving the apartment in a bad condition. Now I agree, we used the apartment and when we left we left the bed unmade, the towels on a pile on the floor all together, a dirty cup in the sink, a few splatters of grease on the stove, etc; IE we used it for the week. In NO WAY was the apartment left in a state which I thought was unreasonable, is there some etiquette I am missing ergo leaving the holiday apartment in the exact same state as we found it it?!

Really upset about this as we are respectful and polite travellers and would never dream of leaving any property in a "state".

Debs

Mentioned in this post
Fornells
Fornells
Menorca, Spain
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment question

There is no ettiquette in these things, only T&Cs and good concience- really best to sort this direct with owners before 'going public'

D L
UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment question

I just wanted to make sure I didn't misunderstand what my responsibilities were. Looking at T&Cs ( very limited) I didn't see anything about leaving it in the the exact same condition, if that was the case I 'd have been washing the sheets, mopping the floor, and scrubbing the fridge:)

Ah well have emailed and made my case, just gutted that what was one of the best holidays of my life is now leaving the icky taste in my mouth.

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
653 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment question

Have they charged you anything? i.e. not returned your deposit

4. Re: Apartment question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:41