We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cake store in Ciutadella area...

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oxford,uk
Level Contributor
31 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
cake store in Ciutadella area...

hi all,

its my parents wedding anniversary whilst we are in cala blanca in september. i plan on getting a cake which i can either ice ''30'' onto, or stick candles in etc..... any recommendations on where i can buy a good celebration cake.....

going into ciutadella is fine.

if not, i will just look for one in large supermarkets but thought a cake shop may be better.

x

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
450 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cake store in Ciutadella area...

Hi,

If you walk into Ciutadella from the Placa Born you come to the Cathedral. If you turn to the right you will see a side street at the top before Sa Gelateria. About 3 shops down on the left is a fab patisserie. Also if you continue walking past the cathedral you will see the street narrow. This is Ses Voltes. There is a further patisserie on your right and then another further up on the left. At the top of Ses Voltes is a square called Placa Nova just past the patisserie on the left. If you make it up there pop into Es Pou (third bar on the left) and have a G&T for me. Great place for people watching. An option may be a large Ensaimada. This is the pastry you see the Spanish carrying tied with string in a box. They are delicious and quite light. Enjoy!

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cake store in Ciutadella area...

cakes as you possibly know them are not a menorcan thing. Go to the patiseries mentioned and you will see-Often cream based they do have special occasion 'cakes'

London, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cake store in Ciutadella area...

How about one of the large circular ensaimadas, a speciality, with 30 candles? Something different as you are on holiday and you can eat English style cakes anytime at home. Oh, just seen that has already been suggested...so it must be a good idea!!

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cake store in Ciutadella area...

Any supermarket will have selection of ice cream cakes. I wouldn't put too many candles on them though.

oxford,uk
Level Contributor
31 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cake store in Ciutadella area...

thanks everyone, i will look at the local versions of cakes and get something menorcan rather than a traditional cake.

thanks for the help x

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
468 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cake store in Ciutadella area...

Can recommend the ensaimada, sorry for spelling, brought one back last week for my dad, it disappeared in a day!

Bloody lovely, had the custard filing, gorgeous.

7. Re: cake store in Ciutadella area...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 07:16