We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

callanforcat

Newcastle
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
callanforcat

hi, going to Callan forcat next year, where is best to stay apt or hotel??? and which one????? we are 2 adults

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,474 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: callanforcat

Why Cala N'Forcat particularly? I ask because it is very much a resort for british holidaymakers with small children who want somewhere with lots of english food on offer and is not typically Menorcan - there are other resorts much more suited to adult couples IMO and I see from your profile that you are of pension age.

Have you looked at the "Is Menorca for me?" Top Question? If not please do so and come back to confirm which resort(s) you are interested in and also say whether you are looking for full self catering, B&B, half board etc. .

Bristol England
Level Contributor
443 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: callanforcat

Last time I was there, it was full of pushchairs and football shirts.

As soon as I could, I hired a car for the rest of the holiday, so I could avoid the place.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,474 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: callanforcat

This is why it pays to check a destination out thoroughly - hiring a car on the island is an excellent idea as it is much easier to see it properly by car but not if it is needed to escape. I personally would not stay in Forcat either as it is not my cup of tea, but I do understand why some holidaymakers like it. Forcat is considered to be one of the liveliest areas on the island but in the last couple of years it seems that the number of bars etc. has reduced due to the recession

Supergran, if you can give us more of an idea of what you want from both your resort and accomodation ( 3/4 star or whatever) and how quiet or otherwise you would prefer your destination to be hopefully you will get some good recommendations

Newcastle
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: callanforcat

Thankyou everyone for your replies, I think we would be better in a hotel, but can just see 2, is the Faragatt recomended????????? We love kids so lots of them wouldnt bother us, I am a very young 75 and a night owl on holiday

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,474 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: callanforcat

There are reviews on tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g672809-Cala_n_Forc… or you can use the search engine on the Forcat forum page ( tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g672809-i12730-C… ) to find various comments.

If you are looking for lots of really lively nightlife then Menorca may well not be the best destination for you TBH. Menorcan resorts are much smaller than those in many other spanish destinations and are much more low key than places like Benidorm where I see you have stayed regularly according to one of your other posts. Also the island is more expensive for drinks and eating out than say Mallorca. If you are definately happy that Menorca IS the place for you next summer, then Cala N'Bosch or Cala N'Porter might also be worth looking at as well as Forcat - both of these resorts will have things going on in the evening but have larger beaches than Forcat

Edited: 27 November 2012, 09:44
Newcastle
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: callanforcat

Thankyou, I will look at those other resorts

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: callanforcat

Sounds like Forcat is just what you're looking for judging by your previous posts

JtheD

8. Re: callanforcat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 09:17