We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Minorca chic?

Manchester
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Is Minorca chic?

Found a new gorgeous hotel I'd like to stay at but is Minorca chic? Eclectic? Or is it just families with kids looking for beer and bacon. I hated Majorca because of the type of tourists I came across ..... Although where we stayed in Deia was nice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Minorca chic?

It can be in places, I would have to say the same about Majorca too. The wealthy on Menorca are not about showing off and celebrity spanish visitors go to Menorca also for that reason. What is the hotel and where? Cala Longa/Sant Antoni is where the chic is mostly at home.

Edited: 21 May 2013, 07:56
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,989 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Minorca chic?

You are bound to get replies on this but WHERE in Menorca is this hotel ( name of hotel/website etc.) because the answer is "Yes in the right places and NO if you pick the wrong type of package beach resorts". For example the town of Ciutadella is lovely ( Moorish architecture, local vibe etc. -see tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187464-i494-k55… for an idea of what it offers) but some of the resorts falling within its postal zone are clearly not at all what you have said that you want.

There is a Top Question specifically about country house hotels but this will not cover them all because there are lots scattered all across the island - these places are not in the package resort areas and tend to be expensive. There are also one or two Top Questions with links to information websites which might help you.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Minorca chic?

The chic stay in villas inland or rural hotels. Not many of them any more. They go further afield. If you didn't like Deia, Valledemosa and nortern Mallorca can't see you liking Menorca.

4. Re: Is Minorca chic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 05:18