We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice quiet beach/cove required !

Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
nice quiet beach/cove required !

Hi

Can anybody recommend a nice cove or beach that is not touristy !!!

We are staying in santo Tomas , hiring a car and fancy a little drive to find a nice cove . Ideally would like somewhere that has a snack bar or somewhere that sells drinks and reasonably local to Santo Tomas ..... Don't want too far to drive !!

Have done all the local beaches and son bou previously ... Need to find somewhere new to explore :-)

Many thanks

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice quiet beach/cove required !

Afraid nice quiet cove and beach bar are not synonymous, go for the quiet cove and take your own drinks or join the masses where it's worth their while to have a beach bar.

Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice quiet beach/cove required !

Yes I suppose that is true .... I will go with the cove !!! Any ideas where to go please ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice quiet beach/cove required !

i would recommend you drive over to the beaches of the north.

binimel la has a beach bar/restaurant

From the main beach if you turn right and walk for about five minutes you will find three small coves that never get too busy and are great for snorkeling.

If you are offended by naked people then this may not be the place for you to go.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,095 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nice quiet beach/cove required !

If you are troubled by the idea of too much "clothing optional" ( although if you go to Santo Tomas you must be aware of the nude bathers at Binigaus beach ) Es Grau on the east coast is nice - it doesn't have beach facilities but there are places to get a drink, snack or if you fancy it a nice lunch close to the beach area. The beach is long enough for any bathers to be well spaced out and the village itself is charming. - no package holidays or coach trip tourists

Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nice quiet beach/cove required !

Thank you very much for your suggestions ....they sound lovely and have found them on the map. Yes used to the nudist sunbathing and does not worry us .

We just wanted to try somewhere different this year :/)

Thanks again

Xxx

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nice quiet beach/cove required !

If you are hiring a car and want to see some really fantastic small coves and swim then can I suggest you take a look at The Menorca en barco website via trip advisor. If you can get to Cala Galdana the 2 hr catamaran trip is well worth 30 euros each to see the best beaches of Menorca's south coast.

Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nice quiet beach/cove required !

Ooh the catamaran sounds smashing idea :-) my husband wanted to do a boat trip . Will definitely look in to that thanks .

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: nice quiet beach/cove required !

I think from ST you are going to have to resign yourself to driving further to see something new I am afraid. Lot's more to see North is quieter.

Have you looked at a beach location map ?

www.mymenorca.info/menorca-map/beachmap.php

cntraveller.com/recommended/beaches/best-bea…

Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nice quiet beach/cove required !

Thanks Tom that is helpful ..... I will have a look at the link. Yes I think u r right re heading north :-)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: nice quiet beach/cove required !

Couldn't disagree more. Cala Fustam, es Talaier, Excorxada and southern Son Saura and Turqueta beat any of the northern beaches especially Binimel.la and Cavalleria but it's all according to taste.

Get answers to your questions about Menorca