We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling by boat from Barcelona to Minorca /Ciutadella

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling by boat from Barcelona to Minorca /Ciutadella

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on an alternative companies or local transporters to travel by boat (over night or day) from Barcelona to Ciutadella? The two major ferry companies Balearia and Acciona are booked out on the day we want to travel 21/22nd June.

Thanks

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling by boat from Barcelona to Minorca /Ciutadella

James, I think there is nothing else except flights ( unless you are in a vehicle? )

Air Vueling,Ryanair,Nostrum fly Barcelona to Mahon

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling by boat from Barcelona to Minorca /Ciutadella

Hi James, I think your problem is your chosen date of travel. It's the start of the fiesta de St Joan and Ciutadella will be very busy with visitors arriving from the mainland. Have you tried a ferry to Mahon as an alternative? The island is small so you could then catch a bus into Ciutadella.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling by boat from Barcelona to Minorca /Ciutadella

Hi James, I think your problem is your chosen date of travel. It's the start of the fiesta de St Joan and Ciutadella will be very busy with visitors arriving from the mainland. Have you tried a ferry to Mahon as an alternative? The island is small so you could then catch a bus into Ciutadella.

The other ferry company I have used is iscomar.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling by boat from Barcelona to Minorca /Ciutadella

Thanks for your feedback it has been very helpful. We have tried ferry to Mahon also!

5. Re: Travelling by boat from Barcelona to Minorca /Ciutadella

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 06:16