We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Resort please.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Resort please.

Just starting to plan our next holiday and never been to Minorca before. We need to start with choosing a resort, and would greatly appreciate thoughts on this. We are hubby and me, mid 50's. Like smallish traditional resorts, picturesque, walks, good food, sightseeing, harbours, exploring. Night life definitely not noisy/clubs/strip, more eating out, drinks etc. Thanks. x

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Resort please.

I can't speak for other resorts but Cala Galdana is a small resort, quiet, a good selection of restaurants and a fab beach. There is a boat trip from the resort that lasts about 2 hours and their is 2 beaches that are a good walk. I love the place as its very chilled out where you watch the world go by. Or there is Cale'n Bosch which is a bit more lively with a small harbour and boat trips too, again there are no noisy nightclubs in any of the resorts that I know of. You can also get the local bus to either Mahon or Ciutadella where their are 2 great harbours. Where ever you choose Menorca is a fantastic place to holiday good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Cala Galdana
Cala Galdana
Menorca, Spain
Mahon
Mahon
Menorca, Spain
Ciutadella
Ciutadella
Menorca, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Resort please.

Best to read up choices first tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187464-i494-k51…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Resort please.

Thanks Carl, will definitely check those out.

Great link Sandstroller, need to sit down with a coffee and enjoy that. x

4. Re: Advice on Resort please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 05:17