We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches

I've just been looking through some hotel reviews and found a moan about the price of sunbeds on an hotel's beach.

There are no hotels (that I know of) that have their own private beach or even a private section of beach.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches

unless I am mistaken ALL beaches by law and coastline upto 6m in from water belong to the spanish state,so hotels cannot claim any private pieces etc This also why you can go on any virgin beach from sea even if on private island like Isla del Colom

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches

Just by the by, I know the Isla d'en Colom was up for sale by the original family. Did they selll it or is it still for sale?

Edited: 21 June 2013, 13:37
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches

I do not know, but I think I read in the local papers earlier this year that there was an attempt to buy it by local authorities? ( wishfull thinking perhaps :-) )

Edited: 21 June 2013, 15:19
4. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 05:18