We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go?

West sussex
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go?

Hello, me and my partner (30 years old) are looking to go to Majorca or Menorca next year and we are trying plan early, where is best to stay? We would like a nice sandy beach, hotel/villa close to beach with restaurants, bars close by and some shopping. Not interested in clubbing or being near by to clubs as dont wish to be kept awake at night lol....just a nice relaxing place with things to do and we dont have any children.

Any suggestions would be welcomed as i am finding it hard :-) Thank you

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go?

"We would like a nice sandy beach, hotel/villa close to beach with restaurants, bars close by and some shopping."

...a bit generic I am afraid. Have you looked at sites about menorca ( see top questions ) and drawn up a shortlist? Most importantly which month as this makes a big difference

West sussex
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go?

Hi we wld be going in June..i guess we just want something quiet relaxing but close enough to a townso we can wander round and eat in nice places...not too overcrowded!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go?

There are no towns ( except Ciutadella ) with a sandy beach so you are looking at seasonal resorts/residential areas on coast. Did you have any shorlisted places?

What drew you to Menorca?

West sussex
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go?

I guess somewhere close to places where we can wander round find nice places to eat and drink, no clublife as that's not an interest of ours anymore! Seasonal/residential resorts sounds about right although we wouldn't wish to stay in a really over crowded place which is why we would go before school hols.

I remember going to Majorca and Menorca as a child (cant remember where though) so wish to visit again plus its beautiful and would like to take my other half there as he has never been before.

What suggestions do you have for a relaxing visit?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go?

"What suggestions do you have for a relaxing visit?"

I don't think it can work that way-better for you to look at those websites , create a shortlist then people can comment on that-it gives us a better insight into what you like. You need to get a feel for Menorca first.

Your words to date would cover almost every resort on Menorca :-)

West sussex
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go?

Lol will check out the websites first then

7. Re: Where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:18