We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Epsom
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive

Which all inclusive hotel would best suit our family group. Age range is9 to 72. Like to be near beach.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,991 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive

We need more info please - there are All inclusive properties in very busy resorts and others in quiet ones so people need to know more about your likes and dislikes . Please check out the Top Questions for info on resorts and tell us which ones seem to fit your needs best.

What hotels have you looked at already and do you actually want an hotel or apartment All Incl.accommodation? Do any of the older people have walking difficulties because this could affect recommendations given too.

Epsom
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive

We are looking for hotel or apartment, must be beach front. Quiet resort preferably.also nice food and plenty of sun beds. Think perhaps we are looking for the impossible any ideas?

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,991 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive

Sorry - forgot to ask what time of year are you looking to go ? Also how quiet is quiet -what sort of activities day and evening are you hoping for ? This may seem daft but some really " quiet" resorts may be a little too quiet for you by say late Sept/ early/October

Epsom
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive

We are going school summer holidays 2014. We are going to celebrate our golden wedding anniversary with our family. Do not want kids clubs or any activities.would like somewhere with outside bar area with perhaps a bit of music for a dance or two. Really the quieter the resort the better. Any ideas

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive

I know you want a beach front but have you thought about the Hotel Barcelo in Es Castell? No beach but no kids and there is a roof bar with jacuzzi's etc. they do all inclusive. You are however, right on Cala Fons which is lovely and the sea view from the hotel is spectacular

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,991 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive

Barbara says the party ranges from 9 -72 so an Adults Only hotel is no use menorca1Ayrshire.

One quiet resort All Inclusive that I know of is the Las Palmeros in S'Algar but that resort has a bathing platform but no beach. There will be others that are less full on than some of the more in your face All Incl. hotels ( aim for higher star ratings to reduce the likelihood of a Butlins type feel) but in the school summer holidays the more popular beach resorts like Cala Galdana, Cala N'Bosch ,Arenal den Castell etc. will be very busy. Son Bou might be good and not too busy in August or nearby Santo Tomas is also a quiet resort with a lovely beach - the Mestral & Llebeig apartments there offer self catering or All Incl but please avoid the Victoria Playa Hotel if you do not like HiDiHi entertainment as it seems very full on in there ( I stay in Santo Tomas a lot myself) ) but I do not know about the food standard on the All Incl in those apartments so you would need to check out this years reviews. Another place with an All Incl complex which is not a very busy resort is Punta Prima but the Insotel complex itself is pretty big and does have a full entertainment program from what I can gather so you would need to decide if it is too big.

Perhaps the thing is to not concentrate on All Incl Barbara ( after all the All Incl idea tends to be aimed at families that WANT the kids clubs and activities you say you do not like or need) but look at perhaps going self catering or half board. I really think that you need to concentrate on finding the right resort and THEN looking for the accomodation - please check out the Top Questions for the places mentioned so far by everyone and come back yo us with your thoughts on which areas seem nicest to you.,

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive

My apologies, I misread the post above mine. even though I had read original post) I somehow thought that because kids club and activities were not wanted that kids weren't wanted too. Duh!

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive

We stayed in S'Algar for 2 weeks in June/July and agree that the Las Palmeras, or Los Naranjos, apartments might fit the bill. Both offer AI options which give access to the facilities and entertainment at the (big, ugly but very nice) San Luis Hotel leaving their resorts relatively quiet. As far as the Insotel in Punta Prima is concerned we walked from S'Algar to PP 5 times in the fortnight we were there and knew we were close to PP when we got to Butlins (Insotel). But it doesn't spoil PP which we loved... check out the Ca'n Santi and Manolo restaurants which would be great for your family barbaraEpsom... any questions? Send me a PM. D

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,991 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive

Well said Dave - my impression of the Insotel was also "poshish Butlins" when we called in to Punta Prima in September 2012, but I didn't say so because I know that my tastes aren't everyones :-)

My personal view is that because this is a Golden Wedding Anniversary celebration it needs to be a holiday to remember so please take your time choosing Barbara - there is still lots of time to book for summer 2014! . You need to find somewhere that is nice and is likely to have like minded fellow guests and if you also have a hire car thus avoiding the need for transfer coaches or "excursions" by coach to places you can do equally well on your own ( see Top Questions do not book via an agent but chose a local firm) you can always visit other places for more "life" should the need arise - far better that than being stuck in place that is too busy for you and heaving with other guests that you have little in common with!

Edited: 16 July 2013, 22:07
Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All inclusive

Have got friends staying at the Insotel Prestige on all inclusive at the moment. Don't think they are overwhelmed by it but will see if I can get them to write a review as they have children too.

Really it shouldn't be difficult to suggest somewhere but I don't feel I can improve on the advice already given except to say why not try half board and widen your options.