We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gin Distillery

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rouses Point, New...
Level Contributor
930 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Gin Distillery

Can anyone tell me of their experience of the Gin distillery please?

Many Thanks

RPG

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gin Distillery

In all honesty, there's not a massive amount there, mainly it is a large shop where can purchase the different products (gin/liqueurs/etc.), you can try many of them to help you make a decision on what to buy (hic!), and you can see some of the old copper stills used to make all the lovely gin!

In summary...

It's free and you can try gin!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gin Distillery

You will get a lovely tour if you go between 1 and 3 pm with Copi who speaks fluent English. My 16 bridge hiluday members loved itI would also recomnend Binifadet which is only diwn the road from where you are staying. They do a very informative tour along with wine and cheese tasting. Also has a lovely terrace overloiking vineyards going towards San Luis. You are in a lovely place which is nice and peaceful and you have an ancient monument on your doirstep. Driving around here us easy. Nearby you have Cala San Esteban and Fort Marlborough. Sure it will exceed your expecrations. Woukd swap with you any day!

Rouses Point, New...
Level Contributor
930 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gin Distillery

Many thanks to both of you, I have taken note of the info you have sent me, thanks very much!

RPG

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gin Distillery

And if like me, you get totally hooked on the gin don't forget to bring a bottle back. Amazon are charging £27.60 including postage!

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gin Distillery

Mahon Gins - ah yes, yery nice but don't risk putting it in the suitcase unless you are a very good packer and you can't take it in hand luggager! They sell it reasonably cheaply inside the departure area .Make sure you check you know when any guided tours happen before making a special trip.

I second the recommendation to visit Binifadet - it is set in a lovely peaceful location and if you do not fancy the wine they sell enormous cocktails on the terrace

If going on a "tasting" outing please be VERY careful if you are thinking of driving afterwards - the police on the island are VERY hot on drink driving and the limit in Spain is lower than it is in the UK ( see …drive-alive.co.uk/driving-in-spain.htm ) so it is probably safest to work on the basis of drinking nothing alcoholic or at most one very small beer if you are driving.

Talking of driving, they are also very hot on speeding - there is a Top Question on that topic from which you will see from that that the speed camera fines arriving on peoples mats when they get home can be huge compared to UK ones and if you are stopped for not wearing a seat belt you will get an on the spot fine

Edited: 26 July 2013, 17:46
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gin Distillery

Sorry about typos in post above - only one chance to edit posts and I messed up !

Rouses Point, New...
Level Contributor
930 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gin Distillery

Phew wow!!!

RPG

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
990 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gin Distillery

And you can't drive in flip flops or backless shoes. Another on the spot fine.

Rouses Point, New...
Level Contributor
930 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gin Distillery

I am a law abiding citizen wherever I am.....I would never dream of driving with backless shoes or flip flops on!!!

We will probably bring a bottle back, is it better than blue gin?

RPG

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gin Distillery

I like it better but try it while you are there to see - there is another local tipple "pomada" - that is the fire water that the locals drink during fiestas!!