We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ist timers !

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ist timers !

Hi All,

Looking at Minorca for our 2014 hols, any ideas please, we are a couple with a 6yr old, love nice 4/5 star resorts and like to walk out for diner if possible so bars / restaurants close by would help.

Many thanks.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,862 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ist timers !

Not sure what your options are for package holidays travelling from the Channel Islands but from the description of what you are seeking you seem to be after nothing more than half board but please confirm all acceptable options.

There are no exclusively 4/5 star resorts on the island but the island itself has some nice hotels in the 4 star bracket dependent on where you want to be located. If you want an upmarket feel to the area in which you plan to stay then please discount the resort areas immediately to the North of Ciutadella as although there are some nice villas there and a 4* hotel ( the Farragut) the area is generally very much geared to the lower end british family market with lots of bars offering bouncy castles, english breakfasts and the like and as such is unlikely to appeal to you from what you have said you want

Have you noticed the Top Question section of this page - the top two might help focus the mind on the sort of places you might find acceptable. If you can look at those ans say which areas feel about right ( and when you would want to be visiting) I am sure that you will get some recommendations. I see from your avatar that your 6 year old is a little girl - what level of childrens facitities would you be looking for for her?

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ist timers !

Thanks,

After reading the second top question, we are already hooked.

Good in depth comment .

Al we have to do now is pick a resort ???

Jersey usually does a direct charter in the summer so we could always do flight and book hotel direct ?

Any info would help at this early stage,

Thanks

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,862 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ist timers !

Do any resorts grab you in particular so far ? Also can you supply the info I asked for in post 1 about what facilities if any you want for your little one - do you need somewhere with kiddie entertainment programs ( my son hated them so I know that not all children want that sort of thing) or is she happy to mix with any other children she meets and do things with you guys? Does it have to be an hotel and do you plan on having a hire car or not ( if so be sure to read through the Top Question on that topic to avoid problems).

Edited: 01 September 2013, 09:18
jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ist timers !

Hi MR,

Looks like we can only go for 7nights ( due to work ) sometime in the kids summer hols 2014.

Don't think we would bother with a car, just want to land and R & R. Our little one is fine with some kids activities but I should imagine she would spend most of the day in the pool with other kids.

In the evenings we do like to wonder out for a nice dinner and a bottle of wine before returning to our hotel.

( hotel or apartment ???? )

Thanks for all your info. Would you recommend a certain area !!! This way I can start looking on appropriate Travel Forum ?

Thanks again

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ist timers !

Hi All,

Any ideas please for my short list of places or resorts ( hotel / apartment )

!!!!

Many thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ist timers !

make the shortlist from the above sources then we can make comments?

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ist timers !

Hi sandstroller,

Thanks for your reply but that is the point of my question !

As ist timers we have no ideas, I've mentioned above what we are looking for.

Thanks again.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,862 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ist timers !

The idea is for you to look at the info websites mentioned in the top questions and try to work out which seem to appeal - one mans " it is llovely" is another persons "dire" so we need you to give us an idea which resort areas feel as though they may fit the bill and people can then make suggestions from there.

For a starter look at Son Bou or Cala N'Bosch but this is NOT an exhaustive list - we need you to look too

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ist timers !

Hi again,

Here goes,

Calan porter sounds nice but can't seem to find a good hotel !

Calan Bosch looks good and seems to have some well mentioned family hotels !!

Never been to Spain before !!!! The Far East has always been our holiday choice so really have no ideas ??

Thanks

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ist timers !

Also Son Bou !!!

The Family club has some good write ups ??

Thanks again