We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus station

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
bus station

could someone help please where in mahon is the bus station, just need to get barrings.

thanks.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus station

The bus station is just off the Esplanada square where the outdoor market is held. Coming up from the port and up the steep hill (Hanover) continue straight on until you reach the square, keep to the left of the square as far as you can go and bear left, cross over the road and you will find it. bijou Brigitte and Vidal Vidal have nice costume jewellery and of course there are some good jewellers in Mahon.

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus station

thank you Dettorifan, why i ask i would like a focal point, i want to get to Carrer Cos de Gracia, if i can find this street there is a restaurant i would like to try.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,511 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus station

I have found it for you Steve. If you look at https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=menorca+mahon+map&ie=UTF-8&ei=PqRaUsjOCKLK0QWQrIBo&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg Steve? . If you look to the right of the N in the word "Mahon" Carrer Cos De Gracia is the long ( one way traffic) road running down towards Cami Gracia and Av. Francesc Feminias, once located zoom in to get all the smaller street names and the one way traffic arrows

Edited: 13 October 2013, 14:58
manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus station

fantastic men reg and info on carrer governador ramirez, i want to visit es pati and ses forquillers,

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus station

ps i thought by using the bus station as a focal point i could find the streets easier.

thank you.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus station

i used to live on Cos de Gracia and it is having long term renovations at the moment so will be closed to traffic. as you go up the steep hill Hanover and enter the flat Orfila which is now pedestrianised you go to the crossroads just before the Esplanada and turn left. am intrigued to know which restaurant you fancy visiting there.

Sorry misread 'bearings' as earrings!!!

Edited: 13 October 2013, 18:40
manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus station

thank you Dettorifan, got it at last.

the restaurant i wish to try is one of your recommendations its not on de gracia but de dalt the Ses forquilles, i needed directions for de gracia because i wanted to get to governador ramirez so i could try es pati.

i used the site last year like this and found in my opinion two fantastic restaurants in cuitadella el horno and la guitarra so hope mahon equals these.

ps i do plan to go to cuitadella when there and at least visit at least one.

thank you very much once again.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bus station

A good place to eat authentic quality spanish food in Mahon is Sa Vinya ( close to Bus stop at Hospital ) .

Es Pati and Ses Forquilles are 'avant garde' Tapas ( is that what you are looking for? ) you have to try Can Vermut on the harbour front for top Tapas and Atmosphere

See here for other choices( this site usually gets updated at this time of year )

www.mymenorca.info/mahon/restaurants-bars.php

mymenorca.info/menorca-restaurants/recommend…

Edited: 14 October 2013, 12:29
manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bus station

brilliant thank you tom, will have a look, we will be popping into mahon allot so the more recomendations the better.

thnk you again

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bus station

Have been to Sa Vinya and it was brill but heard ut had changed hands and gone off. Quite expensive. When did you last go Tom. Might try Es Pati this week and will definitely be going to Ses Forquilles. Have been invited out for Chinese tomorrow OMG never thought we'd do that in Menorca!

Definitely want to go to La Bahia in Es Castell and tapas at Sa Botiga.

Very very quiet and a little chilly today!