We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

*********aguamarina or bellevue*************

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
*********aguamarina or bellevue*************

has anyone stayed at both hotels and if so what would you rate as the best this would help a great deal.

London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: *********aguamarina or bellevue*************

hi carlos1980_12

Aguamarina is in Arenal d'en Castell Menorca.

Belle vue is in Alcudia Majorca.

I think if you read the reviews on belle vue Alcudia you would be able to answer your own question.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g580312-d4873…

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,497 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: *********aguamarina or bellevue*************

Just read those reviews too tonyc - particularly loved the " Butlins Abroad" and Stalag 57 descriptions ! I have never stayed in either place so cannot comment really but on reviews alone I think the Alcudia place is one to miss. Having said that the recent reviews on the Aguamarina suggest that going there in very low season when the Spanish pensioners arrive en masse is not a good idea either ( so read reviews based on SUMMER stays)

It really depends what one is expecting form a holiday I suppose and Carlos has not given us much to go on. We have all commented before on this forum about the All Incl. v half board issue , how it is not always good value and definitely not great news for the local bars and restaurants in resorts etc. People booking All Incl packages also have to understand that because none of the hotels on Menorca were built to be operated as all inclusive complexes it is always going to be a bit of a compromise with the catering facilities etc..

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: *********aguamarina or bellevue*************

sorry guys i am staying at the aguamarina early to mid june all inclusive.i have stayed at the bellevue self catering and didnt find it to bad so was just wanting to know if it has a better rating than the bellevue, and was wondering if there are local bars and things close to the hotel and any places to visit while we are there.

PS has anyone stayed there in early june and if so what is the weather like... thanks for your help

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,497 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: *********aguamarina or bellevue*************

Arenal den Castell has a lovely beach and has the usual bars and restaurants but nothing on Menorca is large scale so you may find that although Arenal is one of the larger resorts it is still small compared with what you found in Alcudia. The season on Menorca is shorter than that of Mallorca so sometimes people who book to go in early May are disappointed that some hotels etc. are only just opening up but by early June the resort will be fully operational.

You will find the Aguamarina much smaller than the Bellevue (nearly 1500 rooms compared to the Aguamarina's 500 odd). The hotels rating is only 3 star, so expect things to be appropriate to that category - there is a virtual tour on http://www.clubhotelaguamarina.com/ and the TA reviews for the hotel are at tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g672804-d2881… if you want to see them but bear in mind that although the most recent ones suggest it is not great to stay there at the end of the season unless you speak Spanish and want to mix with lots of Spanish pensioners, in June you should be fine

5. Re: *********aguamarina or bellevue*************

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Minorca