We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This is why Menorca is never going to offer All Incl holiday

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,893 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
This is why Menorca is never going to offer All Incl holiday

I just had this top 25 all Incl for 2013 list forwarded to me by TA - tripadvisor.co.uk/TravelersChoice-AllInclusi… and thought those of you like me who do not like the flood of All Incl. packaging to Menorca filling the brochures of late would like to see it .

IMHO the places on the top 25 list are the sorts of places that do All Incl well and it should stay in those sorts of locations. As we all have been saying on this forum for a couple of years now - the All Incl concept is alien to the sort of island that Menorca is and the expansion of not only harms island's tourist economy but is not conducive to providing a quality holiday experience for tourists either. Staying inside an All Incl complex for two weeks without straying far for fear of missing out on prepaid All Incl food etc. defeats the whole point of visiting Menorca IMHO, people may as well pick a cheaper package to another Mediterranean destination and be done with it!

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,893 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This is why Menorca is never going to offer All Incl holiday

I meant the title of this thread to mean "This is why....... BRILLIANT All Inclusive holidays " - sadly I didn't manage that and you cannot edit titles but if you read the text you will get my drift LOL

West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: This is why Menorca is never going to offer All Incl holiday

I have been lucky enough to stay at 3 on the list and they are absolutely fantastic for a touch of ultimate luxury in the Caribbean where sometimes safety is a concern.

I am even more lucky to own a property in Menorca to get away from that type of holiday and enjoy the many treats this fabulous island has to offer, from which I never tire. There is no place for AI in Menorca, just enjoy the restaurants culture and beauty outside these traps that are not as cheap as first seems.

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
3. Re: This is why Menorca is never going to offer All Incl holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 05:16