We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed in princesa playa hotel Menorca?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed in princesa playa hotel Menorca?

Thinking of booking Princesa Playa in Son Xoriguer. Would like some advice on if it is a good stay.

Will be traveling Monday 9th June 2 adults and baby 8 months. Only room available is a suite which when I have read this has a little mini kitchen microwave etc.. Which is perfect and just what we need. Not sure what the resort is like and how close everything is, also is it a place to go with small child. From reading the reviews on here, their own website and thomas cook it looks ideal but as it is me that is choosing a holiday and with it being our first with our new baby. Just want it to be nice.

So if anyone has been and would like to give me some information about the resort, how far it is , atmosphere and also close and a nice beach if any, I would be truly grateful.

Many Thanks

Nikki.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed in princesa playa hotel Menorca?

Nikki, Unless you plan to stay in the hotel all the time I would advise to choose a resort shortlist first then Hotels. I would google 'menorca resortname guide' as I think the brochure descriptions of resorts are closer to fairy dust than written by someone who has actually been there! :-)

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,274 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed in princesa playa hotel Menorca?

I can see from your other post you made about water that travelling with your little one is making you a little anxious :-0 ) Please do not worry, the island is fine for families with children of all ages so he or she will be fine.

I am assuming that you have checked out the Top Question topics like " is Menorca for me? ", " where can I find more info..." etc. - if so you know that the resort area around the Princesa Playa is fine and close to a nice beach. The hotel is not particularly close to the Marina in Cala N'Bosch as Son Xoriguer is on the edge of Bosch so it is maybe around 800 metres to walk to the Marina ( http://www.princesaplaya.net/en/situation ) but the whole "Bosch" area has plenty of facilities for people with families so do not limit your search to one hotel there..

All I would say about this area is that unless you have a hire car from the airport ( a separate issue for careful research - see Top Questions section) you need to ensure you have free transfers included because the resort is about an hour away from the airport and private transfers will not be cheap.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed in princesa playa hotel Menorca?

Hi thanks for getting back to my message!

Yes the transfers are all included. Would just like a resort that is not too quiet as we do like to explore by eating out , shopping and exploring so need a hotel that's sort of close to the resort. It's hard as trying to find a hotel. I will checkout the topic about Menorca and will have another look. I just liked the look of princesa playa as it looks fairly moden.

Many that's for replying.

Nikki.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed in princesa playa hotel Menorca?

All menorca's resorts are small ( 30m walk max from end to end) and the few hotels they have are therefore close to the commercial centres- Son Xoriguer/Cala en Bosch ( possible the biggest resort on Menorca ) is where they have built the most hotels on the island-its not very typical Menorca though. Bus to Ciutadella is easy for shops, exploring etc

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stayed in princesa playa hotel Menorca?

Hi

We have stayed here twice and I can't recommend it highly enough! Lovely rooms, gorgeous pool, very family friendly etc! The first time we went my daughter was only 7 months old and it was great for her! Hope you book it! Wish we were going this year but def be back soon

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone stayed in princesa playa hotel Menorca?

in a couple of words Nikki N fatastic resort you will love it i am sure.

i have not stayed in your hotel but have met and spoken to some that have and they highly recormend it,

there is a really nice feel to the place, very good restaurants and nice bars all of which we could see were very child friendly but then we did find the whole of the island that way.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
126 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone stayed in princesa playa hotel Menorca?

Ive been to Menorca 3 times before and were staying at the PP this year. Ive been there for a look around and it looks amazing plus its always receiving good reviews on here. The area is very popular with tourists, theres 2 beaches, a really good water park which would be suitable for your little one and lots of restaurants, for us with a 7yr old Xon/Bosch is perfect, and would probably suit you to.

Leeds, west Yorks
Level Contributor
18 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone stayed in princesa playa hotel Menorca?

Been to this hotel twice before, 20/25 mins walk to cala n' bosh where it all happens, where the hotel is just a small sandy/rocky beach, 2 supermarkets 2 restraunts, so very peaceful place. Hotel very good for all even small babies, they have there own pool, junior suite is just an updated apartment, very nice but quite small, maid service 2 times a day if you want, (well they came in evening to make sofa bed up evrry night), back myself this year in july, don't be too late down for breakie becuse they run out of stuff, but plenty of choice.

Bus 1 euro to cala n' bosh, 4 euro to cid'a. cheapest transfer asda travel or alpha rooms from airport to resort unless anybody knows cheaper. ENJOY

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone stayed in princesa playa hotel Menorca?

Hi, just back from the princesa, had a week with the family, fantastic place, rooms lovely, staff are great, you should have a fab holiday, I am returning for 3 weeks sept, as enjoyed it so much. ....

Leeds, west Yorks
Level Contributor
18 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone stayed in princesa playa hotel Menorca?

Do you know if animation team same as last year, kids loved them especially cristian who looked afte kids club, did you venture to charlies bar just round the corner next to supermarket/beach, had some good nights in there with him.

Glad you enjoyed it were back july 18th to 29th.

Get answers to your questions about Menorca
Recent Conversations