We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which part

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Which part

Hi all

We are a family of 2 adults in 40's and 2 teenage boys, not been to minorca since I was little!

We are looking for a private villa near the beach with some bars and restaurants and relatively flat as our youngest sons has a walking disability, any ideas which part and tips for private villas

Thanks

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which part

Son Bou or Cal'n Bosch would both suit

Galdana at a push if you can find something nearer the beach on the lower part of the the resort, tho most villas tend to be higher up.

JtheD

Mentioned in this post
Son Bou
Son Bou
Menorca, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which part

I agree Son Bou or Cala'n Bosch

http://www.mymenorca.info/son-bou/

http://www.mymenorca.info/calan-bosch/

Mentioned in this post
Son Bou
Son Bou
Menorca, Spain
Cala'n Bosch
Cala'n Bosch
Menorca, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which part

Cala en Bosch yes. I would have said Son Bou but for the fact that most villas are on steep terraces or on an elevation, access on steps so choice is more limited then CnB. I think the only villas 'in the flatter valley area' of son bou are at the farthest point from the ( currently only single ) beach access point.

CnB is pancake flat ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Son Bou
Son Bou
Menorca, Spain
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which part

I think Cala N'Bosch too - the negative is distance from the airport of course

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
378 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which part

What about Binibeca? Lots of private villas and some restaurants and bars too.

Mentioned in this post
Binibeca
Binibeca
Menorca, Spain
Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which part

Think it depends on personal preference and just how many bars, shops and restaurants you want and if your want to be near Ciutadella or Mahon. I much prefer Binibeca and find Calan Bosch very touristy but that could be someone else's ideal.

Mentioned in this post
Ciutadella
Ciutadella
Menorca, Spain
Mahon
Mahon
Menorca, Spain
Binibeca
Binibeca
Menorca, Spain
Cala'n Bosch
Cala'n Bosch
Menorca, Spain
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which part

I know what you mean Dettorifan and personally I prefer Binibeca too for the reasons you mention, but the OP has two teenaged boys which is why I think somewhere "busier" has mostly been the suggestion. It depends on the boys of course what they are likely to want to do independently in the immediate vicinity of where they are based and how many other youngsters of a similar age they may want to hook up with and the need for a flattish location excludes some places that would otherwise be suggested

Edited: 26 March 2014, 10:19
Mentioned in this post
Binibeca
Binibeca
Menorca, Spain
Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which part

Binibeca? Doubtful for teenage boys( too quiet? ) and most Villas on slopes

Mentioned in this post
Binibeca
Binibeca
Menorca, Spain
Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which part

I have 2 teenage grandchildren myself so know they can vary in tastes. I understand what you are saying MenorcaRegular if the boys are what is known as "typical" teenagers who like to do their own thing and mix with other Brit teenagers. Surprisingly for an island with only one mountain it can be difficult to think of resorts that do not involve some hilly elements. It is a question of finding a villa in the right part. People renting private villas tend to be more independent in my experience.

Edited: 26 March 2014, 13:32
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which part

Hi all thanks for all your suggestions, the boys don't go off believe it or not they do stay will us! We went to puerto Calero in Lanz last year and that was lovely not too touristy and enough to do!

Our night out tends to be a meal a few drinks and play cards with the boys and then back the the villa