We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiesta es castell

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
18 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Fiesta es castell

Going to menorca 24th July 2014 and hoping to see the local fiesta at Es Castell. Should we assume that the best night will be the Saturday and also where will be the best place to try and park.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,973 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiesta es castell

In 2013 the Es Castell Fiesta ran midweek from Wednesday to Friday ( see menorca-live.com/menorcas-local-fiestas-2013/ ) I am not sure about the 2014 dates but assuming they follow the same pattern it will be 23rd -25th with the fireworks on Friday at midnight not at the weekend.

Parking in Es Castell will be manic TBH - far better to park further away in the outskirts of Mahon and walk in/ take a taxi or use the special buses services laid on - see www.mymenorca.info/menorca-summer-fiestas/

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiesta es castell

Must admit I thought they were 24th, 25th and 26th this year ending on the Saturday. We park in large car park by the school or walk from Sol del Este down the steps.

Edited: 26 March 2014, 21:30
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,973 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiesta es castell

You probably know better than me TBH Dettorifan - I was simply going on the fact that the fiestas tend to stick to the same date configuration every time as none of the webpages I could find had the 2014 timetables on them. If you can find out from your contacts that would be great

Edited: 26 March 2014, 23:27
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiesta es castell

They do follow same pattern MenoReg , think you possibly glanced too quickly :-)

it is 24-26 so Saturday is best night- you will need to be early as those in the know grab the car parking spaces early! There is also land with ad hoc parking at the entrance to Es Castell ( from Mahon ) left of Calle fontanells

PS all the actual dates and events get posted up on the local council web sites

Edited: 27 March 2014, 09:43
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,973 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiesta es castell

Ah Yes "...you will need to be early as those in the know grab the car parking spaces early!..." but how early is early is the thing. As you say, the timetable will be posted up much closer to the time. Whirlwind hasn't said which part of the island they would be coming from so perhaps arriving in the morning, parking up and spending the day in Es Castell would be the thing

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiesta es castell

During the day not much happens until after 4pm when the street bars will start up and fun fair opens again . You can always park up early then walk into Mahon( or park up above yacht club in Mahon and enjoy bars before walking 20m to Es Castell? ) . The Horses and riders gather at the main church about that time too to prepare for the street parades and races. Best time to see horses is when they gather- impressive sight 50 plus horses in one beautiful spot

My tip for races: go to end of Passeig Maritim above harbour where the riders wait their turn to race

Edited: 27 March 2014, 11:48
Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
18 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiesta es castell

Thanks everyone... some great helpful tips.. we are stopping in cala Galdana so may well park in Mahon and walk around.

Thnaks aagain

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fiesta es castell

Not sure if you are all adults but just a word of warning, there is a fair bit of drunkenness on Saturday night!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fiesta es castell

We went last year on the last night, their where some funfair rides, food stalls, music playing and the Menorca horses which was great, there is drunkenness but not lager louts like back home and all done in good taste. Also we went along the harbour where their was shops and restauarant's. All in all a very enjoyable night, there is a lot of litter and horse manure but hey its a fiesta enjoy. Great night out.

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
18 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fiesta es castell

Thanks do much. Think we will try for the last night... if we can park ??