We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with location

France
Level Contributor
208 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with location

Hello all,

We are looking at three different rentals and could not decide, so please help.

From the forum I have gathered Cala en Bosc and Cap d'Artrutx are very touristy but do have restaurants, supermarkets available.

What about Cala Blanca and Cala Blanes? Are they nice locations too?

We are two adults, in the 60s, looking for a quiet area, nice view, quiet evenings,etc. and yes I am considering hiring a car.

I can't decide between the three. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
476 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with location

I think Cala Blanca fits the bill perfectly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with location

Cala Blanca

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,273 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with location

It depends when you are travelling of course - everywhere is going to have more young families about during peak season but I agree with the others - of the four places named on your list I personally would put Cala N'Blanes last of the lot.

Cala N'Blanes is effectively part of the Cala N'Forcat area to the immediate north of Ciutadella which is probably THE most un-Menorcan and touristy area on the island. Even though you have already identified that Cala N'Bosch & Cap D are far more busy than Cala Blanca, in my opinion both of them are nicer than the Blanes/Forcat/Los Delfinnes area for the sort of holiday you appear to want

France
Level Contributor
208 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help with location

Thank you all very much for your help!

We shall be there at the end of May, for 10 days. will it be very busy then?

So, Cala Blanes is out then.

Can we easily find supermarkets, restaurants,in Cala Blanca?

Thanks

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
476 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help with location

Cala Blanca has some nice restaurants some of which are right on the beach. Restaurante Cala Blanca is a favourite of mine. You are a few kilometres from Ciutadella which has a lot of very good restaurants. In between Cala Blanca and Ciutadella you have the large Hipermercado Diskont which is an excellent supermarket.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help with location

Cala Blanca won't be very busy but definitely up and running. You are right to rule out Cala en Blanes.

France
Level Contributor
208 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help with location

Thank you all very much for your input.

Is C.N'Bosch very busy at the end of May through the first week of June?

I am still debating....though I guess I am leaning more towards C. Blanca after reading all the comments on the forum about how noisy the Marina can be.

I guess we can't expect to have a quiet time while being able to walk down to the Marina for dinner vs having to drive (in C.Blanca) should we want to go out in the evening? :-)

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,273 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help with location

Cala N'Bosch will always be busier than Cala Blanca because it is bigger. The last week in May is the UK school half term week so all resorts will be busier than in the weeks either side because more families will be travelling then HOWEVER, when you are talking about "noise" around Cala N'Bosch's marina this is relative - it is important to understand that nowhere in Menorca is brash and noisy late into the night in the way that you might expect places like the busier parts of Mallorca or the Costas to be - the island is not a rowdy or "party" destination. The island is quite strict about late night noise so you will find that even in one of the larger resorts like Cala N' Bosch by late evening most places will be closing up for the night.

By the way if you can possibly move your travel date to avoid the last week in May you will probably find that prices will be cheaper - the UK operators tend to increase prices for school holiday periods to maximise their profits as these are the most popular dates

Edited: 01 April 2014, 10:55
France
Level Contributor
208 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help with location

Hello Menorca Regular,

Thank you for your reply and suggestions!

Unfortunately all flights are booked already due to time constraints!

would it be safe to think that by 1AM most places will be closed?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help with location

Closed by 1 amm. I should think so. Nowadays they close earlier and as MenorcaRegular states noise restrictions are in place. I have never found anywhere in Menorca too busy even in high season. Puzzled as to why you say car journey would be required in Cala Blanca for restaurants. There are several in resort although you will indeed find better ones in Ciutadella itself.

Edited: 01 April 2014, 16:32
Get answers to your questions about Menorca
Recent Conversations