We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Holiday - Hotel Suggestions please

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family Holiday - Hotel Suggestions please

Hi

We are planning a holiday in June 2014 with our daughter, son in law and grandchildren (age 4 and 2) and would appreciate any suggestions for a nice all inclusive family resort in Minorca.

We have been looking at Marina Parc Hotel in Arenal D'en Castell. Does anyone know if the waterpark is suitable for such young children? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Colin & Lesley

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,059 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Holiday - Hotel Suggestions please

Personally I do not know anything about the water park at the Marina Parc but for most children of that age such things are not essential - just the sun, a good beach and others to play with ( most hotels on the island have kiddies entertainment programs). TBH a little more about what else you want out of a resort would be helpful - there are lots of places on the island offering All Incl all with varying size and quality beaches but some of these are " brasher" than others and if people are going to make suggestions we need to know what sort of family holiday you are looking for.

Have you checked out the Top Question section yet to get a broad view on all the resorts on the island? If not please do so because it will help you decide on the sort of place suits you best .You will also find lots of info about Arenal and other resorts on www.mymenorca.info/menorca-resorts/index.php ( click on the "resorts" icon on the top banner and you will get a list of all of them) where there is also a "good for families" page ( mymenorca.info/menorca-resorts/resorts.php ) and various other info about transfers ( west coast resorts have the longest transfer times)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Holiday - Hotel Suggestions please

I would not consider any waterpark suitable for children of such tender ages as they would be in amongst much older and thrillseeking, boisterous children. Think of kiddies' pools and playing in the sand under the ever watchful eyes of adults.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,059 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Holiday - Hotel Suggestions please

I agree with Dettorifan, not knowing the hotel complex mentioned I have no idea if it has a dedicated infants splashpool area but when he was tiny I would not have taken my own son to anywhere aimed at older children or adults.

Another thought came to my mind when thinking about your three generation All Incl holiday (and BTW, All Incl is not necessarily the best way to go as you can miss so much being tied all day to an All Incl complex's catering arrangements ) and that is that the hotel you mention is an aparthotel type arrangement rather than one with more traditional hotel rooms - were you looking for a 3 bedroomed apartment option for you all or for two separate ones so your daughters family can be on their own a bit more?

I personally do not like All Incl at all as most of the fun for me is the flexibility of eating out on holiday when and where I like, but I am aware that some like the certainty it give of overall cost. If this is why you are only looking at All Incl please be aware that a lot of hotels etc. offered with an All Incl option by the likes of Thomson/Thos Cook & First Choice offer non All Incl guests special upgrade deals when they arrive which can often be more flexible ( half board only, free child meals etc.) and more importantly at cheaper prices than those charged by the tour operators.

If you want to give people more info about the type of adult experience you want we can maybe suggest additional places for you to look at

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Holiday - Hotel Suggestions please

I know the Marina Park well. It's in a great location close to the stunning beach of Arenal D'en Castell. The beach is very safe for young children and is well serviced by restaurants, water sports etc.

the water park has a lovely children's area which is very suitable for young children. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance too. I think it's a perfect location for a family holiday but there are other places in Menorca which are just as good - punta Prima, Cala Galdana etc.

5. Re: Family Holiday - Hotel Suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 23:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Holiday - Hotel Suggestions please

The water park has a shallow splash pool apart from that everything is for older chilldren. The sea and sand is usually much better! :-)

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Holiday - Hotel Suggestions please

Marina Park Hotel at Coves Noves has a large water park with children's section and entertainment for children. Nearby Arenal d'en Castell has a beautiful sandy beach which is very safe for children

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Family Holiday - Hotel Suggestions please

Thank you for all of you replies. We have now booked Marina Parc for 7 of us in June.

We're all looking forward to spending time at the hotel and Arenal d'en Castell beach and intend to hire a car to discover more about the Island of Menorca. This will be the first visit for us but we have enjoyed many holidays in Majorca and Ibiza.

Thanks again.

Colin and Lesley

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family Holiday - Hotel Suggestions please

Hope you have a good time - a car will definitely open up more opportunity to see the island - Monte Toro for one and will enable you to visit nearby Fornells at night although it is easily acessible by day on the bus which stops right outside Marina Parc.

We'll be nearby in June (my favourite month to be in Menorca) if you need any tips!

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,059 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family Holiday - Hotel Suggestions please

Re care hire - watch out for Top Question warnings on who to book with.

If you already have transfers in your booking and are not going during UK half term hols when things may be busy you will possibly find deals in the resort for a couple of days so remember to pack those driving licences. The roads on the island are very good and your grandchildren might like to visit the Lloc de Menorca petting zoo on the main Mahon - Ciutadella road

Edited: 11 April 2014, 12:59