We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scooter or motorbike rental

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
16 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
scooter or motorbike rental

Hello, My husband and I are planning on visiting Menorca in August and we are on a budget so we are wanting to know if it is possible to rent/hire a scooter or motorbike in place of hiring a car to visit beaches and coves around the island? Has anyone does this? Does this service exist?

Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions you have.

:)

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,094 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scooter or motorbike rental

This is not something I know anything about but it may help others who might be able to recommend something to know where on the island you will be staying.

You may be able to visit more beaches than you think by public bus if you are prepared to walk a little once you are at the nearest resort to where you want to get to

Edited: 13 April 2014, 19:29
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
16 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scooter or motorbike rental

Thank you, that is good to know. We might do a combination of public and private transportation.

Rotherham, England
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scooter or motorbike rental

There is a scooter/motorbike hire shop on the port in Mahon. Bottom of the winding road down to the port and turn right.

Bill

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: scooter or motorbike rental

you did not say where you will be staying? - there are several around Mahon including one just around the corner from bus station

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
16 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: scooter or motorbike rental

Thank you, when I posted this I did not know where I would be staying but now I've made arrangements to stay in Ciutadella, Old town.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,094 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: scooter or motorbike rental

Try a Google search to locate something in Ciutadella, failing that you could also try posting on www.menorca-net.co.uk/menorcatalk/index.php - lots of local residents post on there and may be able to advise you

7. Re: scooter or motorbike rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 06:16