We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we marry in Minorca?

Taunton
Level Contributor
29 posts
207 reviews
Save Topic
Can we marry in Minorca?

Hi,

We would love to have our wedding in Minorca but as far as we can tell you have to be either Spanish, a local or catholic! As we are neither is this up to date info? Have seen mention of an Anglian church in Mahon but the link posted doesn't work. We come here every year and it's a special place for us so if it's not possible we will be gutted. Does anyone on the island organise blessings instead? You can marry in Mallorca and Ibiza so need some clarity please!

Many thanks in advance fellow Minorca lovers :)

Mentioned in this post
Mahon
Mahon
Menorca, Spain
Ibiza
Ibiza
Balearic Islands, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we marry in Minorca?

See Post 5 on this link

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187464-i494-k47…

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,804 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we marry in Minorca?

There is an Anglican Church in Es Castell and it is possible to have a blessing but I think residency rules make marriage difficult. Read an article in Roqueta about this some while back so will look it up.

Mentioned in this post
Es Castell
Es Castell
Menorca, Spain
Taunton
Level Contributor
29 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we marry in Minorca?

Yeah thanks for the pointer, have seen this thread before but as it's 8 years old I was wondering, hoping, that things had changed! Might have to go for the blessing option but I will try the Spanish embassy first, you never know!

4. Re: Can we marry in Minorca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 17:03
Edited: 29 April 2014, 17:03
5. Re: Can we marry in Minorca?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 17:10
Edited: 29 April 2014, 17:10
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can we marry in Minorca?

tumbit.com/how-to-guides/articles/16-getting…

Options for Non-Residents - Catholic Church Service - documentation required to prove you are practicing Catholics.

Anglican Blessing following UK or Gibraltar Civil Ceremony.

Hotel Blessing following UK or Gibraltar Civil Ceremony.

For anything else at least one of you needs to be resident in Spain.

Edited: 29 April 2014, 17:12
Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can we marry in Minorca?

Hi, congratulations on your wedding plans!

A relative if mine tried to marry in Menorca but it proved quite difficult. All the relevant English documents had to be translated into Spanish and along with other procedures it proved too difficult. What they did do however was marry in the UK then have a blessing with all the family present at the monestary at Mont Toro. The setting and atmosphere was spectacular along with the stunning views for photos. A big party followed in a restaurant which lasted through to the early hours. It was a memorable day! Good luck with your plans!

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Hoylake, England...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can we marry in Minorca?

I am catholic but he is Methodist, is it still possible for us to have a catholic wedding in menorca?

Thanks

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,804 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can we marry in Minorca?

I have sent you a PM.

10. Re: Can we marry in Minorca?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 07:15