We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Holiday in Minorca

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Family Holiday in Minorca

Hi all

I am planning a family trip in Minorca, myself, wife and 2 kids but never been before

I am looking for a place away from the usual drunk British crowds you find in Maiorca-Ibiza etc and thought Minorca would be the right place for a relaxing holiday with the kids,do you guys agree? can anyone recommend hotel or areas to stay? I just do not want to end up in a place that looks like Blackpool on a sunny day! please help and thanks very much

London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Holiday in Minorca

You won't find crowds of drunks in menorca (not untill I arrive anyway)

You will need to be a bit more specific to what you are looking for - apartment - hotel - S/C - A/I - ages of the children etc.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,094 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Holiday in Minorca

Please look at the Top Question section of this forum as your stated requirements are far too vague at the moment. Are you wanting a package/do it yourself arrangement, hotel /villa/apartment, full board/half board/All Incl/self catering etc. and are you travelling out of peak times, during school hols etc. etc.? The TQs have all sorts of info that will help you narrow down your options to something that we can help you with.

To start you off, the whole island is very family friendly - the locals include children in everything themselves so they are not fazed by (well behaved) children eating in better class restaurants and taking children anywhere is not an issue. Resort areas vary widely - the most "British" ( not what you appear to be looking for ) being the Cala N'Forcat/Los Delfinnes/ Cala N'Blanes area and it goes from there. Really you need to look at resort info websites ( via TQs) , read reviews of accommodation and try and pitch where YOUR tastes and needs fit and then come back with more specifics

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Holiday in Minorca

Thanks for your reply I am happy to stay in an apartment/hotel either self catering or half board max, as previous experience of all inclusive have always let me down unless you go to Mexico/Florida where is worth it back to your initial question I'd like to stay in a family friendly place that caters for kids and not for the young wild ones not that I have nothing against them I was young and wild myself years ago!

4. Re: Family Holiday in Minorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:17