We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there any trouble (gangs) in arenal d'en castell

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
is there any trouble (gangs) in arenal d'en castell

hi me and my family are going to arenal d'en castell soon and just wanted to know if there are any gangs ( muggings etc ) if so could you please advise of places to avoid and time to avoid. any help would be great. hope there is no trouble as by sound of the island it is very friendly

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there any trouble (gangs) in arenal d'en castell

There is absolutely no where in Menorca that you need to avoid for fear of mugging. Maybe you should look at the "Top questions" section and that will give you an idea of where you're going, it's certainly not Magaluf.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,885 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is there any trouble (gangs) in arenal d'en castell

Absolutely NOT. I saw the title of this thread and thought " Whaaaaaaaaat ?".

Caroliner hits it right on the spot - Menorca is NOT anything like parts of Spain where the sort of thing you describe is rife ( which is why people who like the Magaluf type holiday location generally are very disappointed with Menorca). There is nothing in Arenal to attract the club 18-30 or similar heavy drinking crowds and so there is no trouble - just families etc. enjoying sun, sea and relaxation.

Edited: 17 May 2014, 08:28
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: is there any trouble (gangs) in arenal d'en castell

thanks for the reply caroliner and menorca reg i have been to majorca several times and have experienced gangs and pick pockets. i booked menorca as it has good reviews for familys and as you have said no 18-30 as this is not my type of holiday. i was just asking the question as my mother in-law who is coming with us has a bad experience while in majorca and just wanted to give her some assurance that its a safe place t stay and we will have no trouble. many thanks guys.

London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is there any trouble (gangs) in arenal d'en castell

carlos1980_12 I can see you have been to arenal d'en castell in April the rest of the year is no different.

The only problems you will find in June are the gangs of 2 year olds prowling the beach by day looking to steal other childrens buckets and spades.

Edited: 17 May 2014, 11:24
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is there any trouble (gangs) in arenal d'en castell

I've seen boys as young as 8 months try the old ' i'm just like any other tourist here' trick then quick as you know it they will be off on their toes ( err hands and knees ) with my niece's favourite handbag ( err seashell shape maker ) Beggars belief!

... a world apart from Majorca :-)

Edited: 17 May 2014, 11:53
manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is there any trouble (gangs) in arenal d'en castell

yes loads of gangs of happy couples and families beggers belief how menorca can let people get way with having a lovely enjoyable time,the police should crack down on this.

no on a serious point just go and enjoy relax and have a great time i am sure you will.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: is there any trouble (gangs) in arenal d'en castell

thanks for the help guys i only asked as my in-laws might be travelling around the island and just wanted to make the feel better i cant wait to be back in the sun. 22 days.....and i will be on beach sunning it up...

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: is there any trouble (gangs) in arenal d'en castell

Regardless of gangs etc. Menorca is also the only place on the med I've ever been without anyone outside every restaurant / bar touting for your custom. It's just not that sort of place!

JtheD

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,205 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is there any trouble (gangs) in arenal d'en castell

Absolutely no problems of that sort in Menorca .

The troubles in Mallorca are only in some parts ie Magaluf.

I often go to Peurto Pollensa and have never heard of problems on that side of the island .

It`s all in a small area.

Graham

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: is there any trouble (gangs) in arenal d'en castell

thanks for the advice guys .....cat wait to be back on the beach or propping up the hotel bar either way i will be having a good time..