We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time but not the last!

Oxford
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1st time but not the last!

1st time to menorca, travelled with my wife and 3 year old son. We booked our villa through james villas which included car hire, and couldnt fault them in anyway earlier check in would have been nicer we stayed at Villa Maru ll in Cala n Porter which was absolutely lovely both villa and resort. The resort has the perfect amount of bars, shops & resaurants. The beach is what we fell in love with, absolutely amazing perfect in every way possible and so safe which was most important for our son. He loved it and was very difficult to drag him away. We visited other resorts/towns cala galdana, son bou, binibeca, alaoir, fornells, es castell, citudella. Most of time just having a walk around and enjoying a drink, ice cream or a Ensaimadas (which are awesome). We also visited the craft market at es mercadal, went up mont toro twice (once during the day, once for sunset), cova d'en xoroi, the ligthouse at cap de favaritx and not forgetting the menorcan horses at son martorellet we went during the day as my son has an attention span of about 30mins and the demonsration worked well plus you can take photos which you cant do at night and it was worth every penny. The road system made it very easy to get about and when we werent out and about we were chilling by the pool watching the sun come down. All in all menorca is a lovely, friendly, safe and beautiful island. We have never been on the same holiday twice but we would return to menorca in a heartbeat!

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
378 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time but not the last!

What a lovely holiday report, you have clearly been officially "Menorca'd" and will probably return every year for the next 30 years, it's like a drug. :-)

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time but not the last!

Thank you for posting such a lovely review.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time but not the last!

Good stuff. Shows how much more of a holiday you get with a hire car ( with out of peak season prices! )

Oxford
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time but not the last!

No doubt about it that we will return, feel minorca still has a lot more to offer, see and do!!!

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time but not the last!

That's another convert ! I am so glad you had such a nice holiday.

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time but not the last!

Glad you had such a briliant time, i have also just had my first experiance on Menorca ( Binibeca ) and we too are another family that will be back as it was perfect for our needs, such a beautiful place and when we return we will hire a car to see more of the island, thank you for your report it was interesting reading.

Hawickbear

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Binibeca
Binibeca
Menorca, Spain
7. Re: 1st time but not the last!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:16