We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best place to go in Menorca

Essex
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the best place to go in Menorca

Myself and significant other are looking to go to Menorca next year - first time!!We are both early 50's - but young at heart..Any suggestions where to stay - we are looking at early September. Prefer not to have nightclubs on the door step but would like some kind of 'life' .Grateful for any information anyone can give me.

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Artiem Carlos - Adults Only
Artiem Carlos - Adults Only
#1 of 6 hotels in Es Castell
Hotel Ses Sucreres
Hotel Ses Sucreres
#1 of 3 hotels in Ferreries
Hotel Rural Binigaus Vell
Hotel Rural Binigaus Vell
#1 of 5 hotels in Migjorn Gran
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the best place to go in Menorca

Got back from a fortnights holiday in Cala n’ Porter on the 15th sept, it’s worth checking out. There are quite a few good restaurants; I’ve named our favorite two on “Five in Menorca” on this Forum, & quite a few bars that put entertainment on which should suit you & the significant one. Most of our crowd was about your age & it suited us. We hired a car & visited a few other resorts, they were very nice but we found them to be spread out, there seemed to be quite some distance in between things. Cala n’ Porter is more compact. Hope you get sorted.

Glenmorange

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Bridgnorth...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the best place to go in Menorca

Good decision to let your significant one take you to Menorca. I have stayed in Es Castell (used to be Georgetown, but more recently Villa Carlos) numerous times and had excellent holidays. Found both Rey Carlos Hotel iii and Agamemnon (before its closure and subsequent reopening) ideal. Rooms a bit basic but relaxation facilities very good. Spectacular locations overlooking Mahon Harbour with all its sea craft.

Es Castell has good eating and drinking places and is well placed for visits to Mahon - walking or bus (every half hour).

No immediate beaches and hotels don't seem to attract too many children.

Good to get a car - island only about 32 miles long and 10 wide - but bus services OK.

Hope to go myself again next year and look forward to my significant one treating me!

Enjoy, wherever you end up.

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Es Castell
Es Castell
Menorca, Spain
Mahon
Mahon
Menorca, Spain
manchester
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the best place to go in Menorca

came back from calan porter in october we went for a week the weather was 30degrees.the area was full of your age group and few families here and there.the evening entertainment vary's either quite meal or bar.then there's open bars some have stage with copy singer's on either bee gees,anastasia etc.which were good as real thing. this is quite resort and locals are lovely and friendley.car hire as cheap as £62 pounds for 3days. mahon only 15minutes away and lots to see there,lots off history really.also a boat trip around mahon. the beach there is little cove and white sand with sunlounger's for 6euro's each,so we stayed with towels having 3kids a bit costy. the local shop deliver's grouseries and water for free. only one thing about menorca the island tends to shut up around the 20th october we was told by locals it's a ghost town then.i think i'd agree as when leaving at airport think all the island was leaving.

4. Re: Where is the best place to go in Menorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 23:16