We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants Menorca

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants Menorca

Hi I am just wondering if anyone can help. I am looking at booking a last minute deal to Menorca and possibly staying at the the Binamar apartments in Ciudadela.

Just wondering are there many places to eat in Ciuadela? My boyfriend and I really enjoy spanish food and would like to stay somewhere that is more spanishy?

Thanks

amie

leeds,england
Level Contributor
80 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants Menorca

Hi Amie788

If your thinking of staying in Ciutadella you will be spolt for choice with the restaurants and culture, Could not have picked a more spanishy place. Also I would check the locality of your choice of apartments alot say they are in the town but they maybe a good distance away.

Trickydicky06

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants Menorca

Dear Tricky Dicky,

Thank you for yoru reply. I have just looked at the location for the apartments and they do not seem to be located in Ciudadela.

Do you know what Es Castell is liked, as I have just found a good deal going there?

Thanks again for your help.

Kind Regards

Amie

leeds,england
Level Contributor
80 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants Menorca

Hi Amie

Never stayed in Es Castell but from what I can remember its very near the capital Mahon infact I think its waking distance, so there will be no beach but the capital is nice to wander around but not sure I would want to stay there.

We tend to stay a few nights in Ciutadella for the restaurants and culture then have a week in a villa in Son Bou because we love the beach.

Trickydicky

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants Menorca

Hi Amie,

Es Castell was the first resort I stayed at when I started going to Menorca way back in 1975. It is very Spanishy. The harbour, Cala Fons, is loaded with restaurants. The town is very sleepy during the day & there is no beach so car hire is worth considering. You can walk to Mahon but it's a fair hike in the heat.

Hope that helps.

Carol

Essex
Level Contributor
44 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants Menorca

I stay in an appt about 5 mins from Es Catell. As previous reports state its very sleepy during the day with not much to do . There is a hotel (the Hamilton) that you can go to and buy a drink you should be ok in the pool.

There are some great places to eat there also with a large amount or resturaunts all around the small harbour. I can recommend going to Scandals which is just up the road and Restaurant Can Delio who do nice sea food,.

6. Re: Restaurants Menorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Ciutadella