We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from airport to Blanc Palace, SA Caleta, Ciudadela

London
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from airport to Blanc Palace, SA Caleta, Ciudadela

Hi

We're going to the Blanc Palace Aparthotel for a long weekend and wondered how we can get there from Mahon Airport by public transport, please.

Also, should know anything else eg does one pay on the bus or have to get a ticket before?

many thanks

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from airport to Blanc Palace, SA Caleta, Ciudadela

Mahon Airport not near the main bus station in Mahon, but there is several companys what do transfers, from the airport.

The 1 i have used the in past, and never had problems with is www.airporttransfers.co.uk , what you can get a quote and book online.

Note that the mini bus/coach may stop on at other resorts on route, but your normaly only looking at 60-90 mins traveling time, from the airport. Direct by car is just under 1 hour, so it does not add that much time on. Also, normaly your return is 4 hours before your flight, but is subject to there being other people traveling arround the same time as you, so they can fill a mini bus or coach up.

You book with them in advance, and your looking at about £23.50 return, per person.

London
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from airport to Blanc Palace, SA Caleta, Ciudadela

Thanks for the really helpful and fast response.

There are 2 of us, so that means around £23 each way.

Do you/anyone have any idea how much a taxi would be if we just picked one up at the airport?

Or, as we are on a fairly strict budget, how we could do it by public transport (though I realise it would take much longer, we'd like to consider it if it is doable)

Cheers

Elaine

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from airport to Blanc Palace, SA Caleta, Ciudadela

It is doable Elaine, but you're right it'll take you alot longer. You'll need 3 busses. Airport to Mahon and then Mahon to Cuitadella. You pay on the bus - times here:

www.tmsa.es/pdf/HORARIPUBLICDESTIU2009.pdf

I'd reco the express bus Mahon to Cuitadella. It's non-stop and a bit quicker. Also not sure about the Airport to Mahon leg - that's prob the Sant Climent bus, but I'm not 100 % sure.

Once in Cuitadella you need to change busses to a different bus co. You need to buy your tickets at the booth in the square where the busses terminate. Bus times for the west coast here (click on the link on the left of the page "Regular busses in Cuitadella")

http://www.e-torres.net/ingles/index.htm

For your info a standard island taxi fare to Sa Caletta is gonna be around the 50 EUR mark each way. You won't get cheaper than this for a private transfer unless you go with one of the coach transfer companies as suggested.

JtheD

London
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from airport to Blanc Palace, SA Caleta, Ciudadela

Fantastic Thanks Jon.

I reckon Magicbeer's idea is the best option unless anyone comes up with a better/cheaper company, and I am extremely grateful to you both.

I will book it in a couple of weeks time unless there is a better suggestion. Sa Caleta is not on the list of options offered so I clicked on Ciudadela - is that the closest town on offer in their box, please?

many thanks again

E

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from airport to Blanc Palace, SA Caleta, Ciudadela

cala Santandria is the closest i can see on their drop down list of resorts, and in september, it comes up at £22.23 per person, return.

A taxi will be closer to about 65 euro each way

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from airport to Blanc Palace, SA Caleta, Ciudadela

Shuttle Menorca have also had good reco's here. Their nearest pick up and drop off listed is also Santandria for 26.95 EUR each way for for 2 pax.

www.shuttlemenorca.com/meTrans/…

I was basing the taxi fare on this site,

http://www.menorca-net.co.uk/menorca/taxi.php

which it would seem needs updating - I'll try to get up to date fares for the whole island when I go out next.

JtheD

7. Re: Bus from airport to Blanc Palace, SA Caleta, Ciudadela

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Ciutadella