We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blanc Palace

Cardiff
3 posts
Save Topic
Blanc Palace

Going to Blanc Palace Menorca late Sept 10, read a few reviews ( not good) 1st time away on a sun holiday with family (kids 6 and 8)

is really that bad.

Northern Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,806 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blanc Palace

Having stayed here, I have nothing to report that is bad, we had a great holiday, great pool area, kids well looked after, and very clean and spacious accommodation. The only bad reviews I see mention the food, but as we were self catering, I cannot comment on that side, I now see that they have merged with another hotel close by, maybe this is part of the problem.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blanc Palace

Hi

My family and I went to the Blanc Palace for 2 weeks in August 2008 and the apartments are very nice, not very big though, and the reception and bar area are lovely.

Sa Caleta can't really be called a resort though, just a handful of restaurants/bars and a small beach. It's worth walking over to the nearby resort of Cala Santandria as its beach is much nicer.

Another worthwhile trip would be take the public buses, which are frequent and have a/c, to Calan Bosch, which has a great marina, beach and plenty of restaurants/cafes. It also has a great, again not big, waterpark called Aquarock.

Have a great time, I love the island, it's fairly small so visiting other resorts is easy.

Mentioned in this post
Cala Santandria
Cala Santandria
Menorca, Spain
COVENTRY
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blanc Palace

I went last year it was all good food everything i am going again to blanc palace 18/08/10 half board so i willdrop you a line when i get back to behonest i think whats happened is the resturant has gone down the pan but the hotel is nice secure and clean and i am sure it still is but will contact you on my return

Fife
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blanc Palace

Hi there - my husband and 2 kids were at Blanc Palace in July. This was our seventh visit. In my opinion the 'problem' is that the hotel has merged with Sa Caleta apartments next door and whilst Thomson are promoting the Blanc Palace as platinum 4 star and exclusive to Thomson - Sa Caleta apartments are only 2 Star and operate under a different tour operator. The restaurant is not as good as previous years by any standards and I sincerely hope that management take note of all the constructive feedback repeat/new visitors are making. Nevertheless there are a few restaurants nearby should you not wish to eat in the hotel. Nevertheless, whilst I am disappointed that the operation of the hotel is not as good as previous years, we love this area of Menorca so much that I would still consider returning to the Blanc Palace!

Any queries you have, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Cardiff
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blanc Palace

Thankyou for your reply

Cardiff
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Blanc Palace

Thankyou for your reply

7. Re: Blanc Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ciutadella
Recent Conversations