We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horse and trap(?) racing in Ciudadella

Which Ciutadella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leics
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
horse and trap(?) racing in Ciudadella

Has anyone been to this horse with single trap racing, does it stil happen in Ciudadella? Is it worthwhile going and when?

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,991 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: horse and trap(?) racing in Ciudadella

Never been myself and I do not know if this is an all year round thing or not . For more inf see tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187464-i494-k3097…

When are you going?

Leics
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: horse and trap(?) racing in Ciudadella

I'm going next week 15 October - not expecting weather to be too great so thought I would look for things to do to amuse party between 8 and 80 years, staying in Cala en Bosch.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: horse and trap(?) racing in Ciudadella

Unless its changed this year, the venue near Cala Blanes is not all year round.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: horse and trap(?) racing in Ciudadella

A lot depends on if its raining, or just not beach weather.

If you do not have a hire car, there is still a few things you can do.

In Cala Bosh, there is 2 childrens play parks, (1 is more water based so might not be that good in bad weather), and if its just not beach weather, you have the marina you can walk round, and there is a few shops near the band stand area.

Ciutedella, (Bus 1.75 euro per person over 5, each way, every 30/45 min), shops open till about 1pm, then again from 5pm. During the afternoon, there is the port area or as you have children in your group, by the bus station there is a park if its not raining, with several bars close to it. If they have the tables out, and you aim for somewhere in the middle, the kids will be able to play while the adults have a drink.

Mahon, (bus to Ciutedella, then a short walk to the other bus station). Mahon bus is about 5 euro per person each way. Again the shops (you will need an early start, as they close at 1pm and even the fast bus will take 45 min from Ciutedella). There is also a Gin factory, but not sure if the bus stops close to it.

UK
Level Contributor
173 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: horse and trap(?) racing in Ciudadella

I haven't been to the Ciutadella trotting, only the Mahon one, but according to Ultimateguide-menorca.com The trotting season in Ciutadella is Sundays, April to December at 18:00. The one in Mahon, just north of Sant Lluis on the Mahon-Sant Lluis road is Saturdays 17:30 May -Oct then Sundays Nov -Apr at 11:30. If you have a car, the Mahon one is well worth it, you can get close to the action and betting is easy. They use a tote system and you bet in multiples of €1.50. If you prefer you can sit indoors in the bar and look out of the window (you'll need to climb a few steps to get inside.

Leics
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: horse and trap(?) racing in Ciudadella

Thanks for the info - do have a car so may make a Sunday visit to Mahon for the racing and somewhere else on the wa back after lunch.

Also Ciudadella seems to be on our itinerary with the family - park is always a good one whilst the others go shopping.

7. Re: horse and trap(?) racing in Ciudadella

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 07:41
Get answers to your questions about Ciutadella