We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Jose, Cala en Porter, Menorca

Which Ciutadella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicestershire
2 posts
Save Topic
Casa Jose, Cala en Porter, Menorca

Hello

Ourselves, our 6 mth old baby and our friends with their 2 yr old and 5 mth old baby are looking at staying in a villa in Menorca at the end of May. We ideally want to be not too far from the airport (as we don't want to hire a car), reasonably near a beach and within walking distance of a few restaurants and shops etc. We have found a villa - Casa Jose through James Villas in Cala en Porter. Does anyone happen to know anything about this villa (although i think its new) and if this resort suits our requirements?

Many thanks

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,975 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Jose, Cala en Porter, Menorca

I do not know this villa ( our DE Raff works in the area so may know but I do not think she is online much at the moment) but would say that the only obvious problem with you chosing Cala N'Porter ( which is closer to Mahon than Cuitadella by the way) is that the resort is at the top of the cliffs so it is a long walk down lots of steps down to the beach (although you can take the longer route down the winding road serving the beachside bar, jetty etc.) which may not be your ideal with a toddler and a baby in a pram. If you have a car you can park down there but you need to be aware of this ( although children that age are often just as happy splashing in the pool at their villa). MenorcaIslandboy and Carolina are very up on recent changes and improvements to Cala N'Porter so hopefully they will help you further.

Edited: 11 April 2011, 10:48
Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Jose, Cala en Porter, Menorca

Hi,

Sorry, I don't know this villa &, from the description from James Villas, it's very hard to place.

Certainly, CnP is ideal as far as distance from the airport & lots of good bars & restaurants within walking distance. The beach steps, especially with a buggy, are a bit tricky, but don't be put off because even someone of my advanced years can manage them.

Have a look at my other posts for more resort info or send me a PM

Carol

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Jose, Cala en Porter, Menorca

HI, from where the villa is shown on the website your only option is down the beach road pavement or car. If you have not committed I would look else where as that part of CP is going to be uphill all the way on return from the beach.

It is a brilliant beach ( just come back and they have pushed all the sand back to create the shallows at the water's edge that makes CP beach so good for the little folks )

CP is a dramatic location which follows the landscape and has a lot of ups and downs,but also makes it special-not a place for those looking for flat areas :-)

4. Re: Casa Jose, Cala en Porter, Menorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Ciutadella