We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exploring Ciutadella - arriving by car - where to park?

Which Ciutadella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
aberdeen
Level Contributor
368 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
exploring Ciutadella - arriving by car - where to park?

My 1st visit to Menorca is coming up soon - can't wait!

Staying in Cala n Porter and have a hire car for the duration. Can anyone advise on where to head for in Ciutadella for parking to stay for a day to explore?

My mum and I both able to walk well so don't mind 20 mins or so before getting into the main area and wonder what the parking charges will be?

Any advice is appreicated

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,973 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exploring Ciutadella - arriving by car - where to park?

I always try to get a free place in the public car park in Carrer Del Princep . A few bays there last year had been converted to pay and display but most were still FOC and if there are no spaces if you drive around a couple of times you may find someone leaving. If that is full then the choices are park on the outskirts on the street and walk in ( make sure you have a good map or your will get lost) or drive into the centre and have to go on a meter

aberdeen
Level Contributor
368 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exploring Ciutadella - arriving by car - where to park?

Thanks for that - I think the public car park or streets on the outskirts will be ideal for us and then walk in.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: exploring Ciutadella - arriving by car - where to park?

Have a look at Passieg de Sant Niclou openstreetmap.org/way/…3.83455. Leads straight into the Plaza de Born and loads of free parking.

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: exploring Ciutadella - arriving by car - where to park?

That's where we always park too, easy walk into Es Born or cut through and walk up the harbour with a drink at Bar Triton. Gorgeous.

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: exploring Ciutadella - arriving by car - where to park?

Placa Quintina del Mar for us every time. Approach Cuitadella from the "other side" using the bypass.

JtheD

aberdeen
Level Contributor
368 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: exploring Ciutadella - arriving by car - where to park?

Thanks for all the useful tips.

7. Re: exploring Ciutadella - arriving by car - where to park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 22:35
aberdeen
Level Contributor
368 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: exploring Ciutadella - arriving by car - where to park?

I have been looking at the map attached to an earlier post and can see Passieg de Sant Niclou but can't locate Placa Quintina del Mar?

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: exploring Ciutadella - arriving by car - where to park?

Sorry my typo. Try Quintana, not Quintina It's just to the north of the road that crosses the old Cuitadella harbour arm. Calle Santa Barbara runs thu it. Il try and post it up on a map soon when I'm in front of a computer rather than iPhone.

JtheD

aberdeen
Level Contributor
368 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: exploring Ciutadella - arriving by car - where to park?

thanks

Get answers to your questions about Ciutadella