We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night Only......

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
18 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
One Night Only......

Hi all,

We've booked ten days in Cala Galdana this August (2014). It's our third visit to Cala Galdana and we are feeling guilty that we haven't explored this beautiful island enough. So we are planning a day trip with overnight stay to Cituadella.

Finally to my question, we're looking for recommendations on accommodation that is central, family friendly (9 year old) and ideally has car parking available. We're flexible on most aspects (price etc.) and enjoy the "local" experience.

Many Thanks,

Jason, Claire & Summer.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
475 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Night Only......

Have a look at Cheap and Chic hotel or the Tres Sants group of hotels if you want to be in town. If you want to push the boat out you could try the new French owned hotel Can Faustino www.canfaustino.com or if you fancy a safer family bet the Port Ciutadella hotel is a nice option. Let us know what you decide? DB31

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One Night Only......

Several here www.booking.com/searchresults.html…

make sure they are in the city though, not resorts with same postcode

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
475 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Night Only......

Some of those in the link above are some way out of Ciutadella and others such as Hotel Patricia aren't that nice. I know the local hotels well so feel free to ask any questions before you book. Another option with fab views is Hostal Sa Prensa. They also have a great cafe beneath for breakfast and Tapas. Used almost exclusively by locals. Very friendly owners. Make sure you get a room with a terrace if you choose that option.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
18 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Night Only......

Thanks DB31. We'll look through your recommendations and let you know.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
18 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Night Only......

@Tom T

We were not being lazy by not bothering to search. What we are looking for is a hotel recommendation from people who know the area.

Cheers for taking the time to reply though.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One Night Only......

@Saint Rock , never implied you were lazy.

Link will allow you to see many of those that were mentioned with lot's of photos

I know the city too :-)

Also why I said check locations ( which you can at that link ) due to Ciutadella postcodes used as far as 8km away

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
18 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Night Only......

Judging by the amount of sold out hotels I think we may have left this a little late.

Perhaps we'll do a day trip instead!

Thanks for the tips.

8. Re: One Night Only......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ciutadella