We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which island for best weather, restaurants and relaxing?

K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
595 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Which island for best weather, restaurants and relaxing?

Hi all,

I am in the process of trying to decide which Canary Island to visit for a weeks holiday with my boyfriend. We are mid-twenties and shall be travelling at the end of March (I am a teacher therefore must coincide with school holidays, grrr). Neither of us have ever been to the canaries and are going around a circles a little with our search. Generally, we are after a relaxing holiday with:

-Island/resort with the most stable sunshiney weather for sunbathing(I appreciate that it can't be predicted but a general guide would help)

- Good beaches (golden sand preferred!)

- Resort with a variety of restaurants

-Not so much fussed about clubs because we won't go too them (I see enough teenagers during my work time)but a selection of decent bars

- Decent scenery

I may be asking the world, but a 'best fit' resort would be grately appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help, K30 X

guidford UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which island for best weather, restaurants and relaxing?

Hi,

My boyfriend and I love Playa Blanca Lanzarote, and I have been there 4 times. It's not too touristy and has a good selection of bars and restaurants. We like to stay at the Timanfaya Palace hotel which is probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

It's a short walk from the beach and a small strip of shops and restaurants, and about a 10 minute walk from the larger part of the resort. It's fun to hire a car and explore the island which is small, take a trip to Timanfaya National Park and experience a hair raising coach ride around the volcanic rocks and a camel ride!

You can get really good deals to this hotel especially if you book directly through H10 hotels.com

Hope you enjoy wherever you go!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which island for best weather, restaurants and relaxing?

I agree with the above.

C

x

guidford UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which island for best weather, restaurants and relaxing?

Hi Celtygirl,

Can you tell me where you have stayed in Playa Blanca, as I'm looking for a hotel as good as T palace for a change!!

Thanks.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which island for best weather, restaurants and relaxing?

Hi there,

I usually stay at the Papagayo Arena - can't fault it. It may be a bit far out for some though, and only does AI. The others that I would consider (although they are upping the budget a bit) are the Iberostar Papagayo and the Princess Yaiza (that one is seriously upping the budget!!!). I did consider the H10 Rubicon Palace, but that has had very mixed reviews lately. I've got young children, so perhaps have different considerations, but if it was just me and Mr C I would seriously consider a private villa - the prices are very competative at the moment and there are loads with private pools kitted out to a very high standard.

C

x

5. Re: Which island for best weather, restaurants and relaxing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 21:17