We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lanzarote or Tenerife for Long Stay Winter Holiday?

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Lanzarote or Tenerife for Long Stay Winter Holiday?

We´ve stayed in Tenerife (Las Americas) for January and February for the last 3 years but are considering a change of island for next year, having just been told that the lovely apartment we stay in here is being sold and can´t be rebooked for next year.

Our problem is knowing whether the weather in Lanzarote (Playa Blanca) will be as good as it has been in Tenerife so far. I´ve looked at the annual weather charts and there seems to be little in it, but people do seem to keep mentioning the likelihood of more wind and cooler evenings on Lanzarote and I´m rather apprehensive about taking the plunge and booking for next year.

So, is there anyone out there who´s spent those months on both islands and has an opinion on whether they are roughly comparable or not? I don´t want to make an expensive mistake and I´m going to have to commit one way or the other very soon otherwise we won´t be able to get good accommodation for that long a period.

Any help appreciated .....

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lanzarote or Tenerife for Long Stay Winter Holiday?

bump

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lanzarote or Tenerife for Long Stay Winter Holiday?

Just got back from Playa Blanca yesterday, usually go to Tenerife at this time of year. Yes the weather is very similar to Tenerife but as you already mentioned it is windier so feels cooler. We found that on the beach was OK but round the hotel pool, because it is higher and further back it was windier. We've come back with just as good tan as usual and enjoyed it just as much although if you are used to the hustle and bussle of Las Americas, Playa Blanca will seem quiet. Night time we sometimes wore a jumper. Hope this helps

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lanzarote or Tenerife for Long Stay Winter Holiday?

Thank you, that´s very helpful and helps to confirm my instinct to stay with what we know - especially as we think we´ve found an alternative apartment here which is away from the hustle and bustle.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lanzarote or Tenerife for Long Stay Winter Holiday?

Would you recommend an apt in Lanzarote for long stay Mid Jan - Mid Mar

5. Re: Lanzarote or Tenerife for Long Stay Winter Holiday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 04:15